cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarkEric
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

launch program

on new email received, can we run an external program (self developed windows program to retrieve my external ip address for example)

Rgds

Eric

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DarkEric,

Well if the application supports REST API call, then it should be possible to use Custom API under Microsoft Flow to call that program.

Apart from Custom API, I don't think there is a way available to run programs through Microsoft Flow.

Register Custom APIs in Microsoft Flow

In addition, could you please explain a bit what function that you would like to achieve, there should be services support that, which then we could take use of the corresponding Action under Microsoft Flow (and if the service didn't add into Microsoft Flow, we could submit an idea on that).

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Micsh thanks for your reply,

case is :

I connect from outside to my home camera; As i dont have a fixed ip i need to know my external address. So i wrote a program that retrieves the address and mail me each morning.

If the address changed while i'm outside, got no way to know my new address (got minimum opened ports on the box).

so i thought to a flow doing this for me.

i send me a email with a specific subject (ipadrr) and on this subject, flow launch my local program and mail me my new address.

hope it's clear enough 🙂

Rgds

Eric

PS : could be also a powershell script if it's simple to launch

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (42,699)