cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
panda
Helper I
Helper I

link to pdf in email with multiple approval absolute URI

Hi everyone.  I am having an issue with my approval flow.  Initially the flow worked until i added the get attachment step and changed the itemlink to absoluteuri.  The item link used to be set to ID.  Please see my two photos.  One is the photo of the error.  The other is a photo of the flow.  What's weird is that now the link to the photo works, however it broke my flow.  When the flow asks an approver to approve and pushes the approve button, the sharepoint site does not update.  

Goal:  To have the email send approvers a link to the pdf when asking for approval submission.  

Thanks.  I will be grateful for anyone's help on this.  errorfull.jpgerrorattachmentjpg.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
yashkamdar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

I was trying to view your screenshot but it is very unclear.

Can you please share with us a screenshot of just the first 3 actions.

Now to be honest, I do not clearly see what you are trying to do but what I do know is the thing that you are trying to achieve.

Let me help you out on the basis of what I understand.

Step 1 & 2 - Trigger and Getting Attachments

yashkamdar_1-1600755404015.png

Step 3 - Approval 

Please confirm that this is how you are configuring your Approval action. If you configure exactly as per below then it will definitely work for you. 

I am adding the output as well as how to configure it below-

yashkamdar_3-1600755725509.png

As you can see it worked just fine for me and I got the Approval email along with the link to the attachment.

yashkamdar_2-1600755645412.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi Yashkamdar.  Thank you for your response and clear photos.  I am now getting an error in the condition "Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition' at line '1' and column '34056': 'The template language expression 'outputs('Start_and_wait_for_an_approval')?['body/outcome']' cannot be evaluated because property 'body/outcome' cannot be selected. Array elements can only be selected using an integer index. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'."

I am able to get an email into the email with the buttons and link to pdf but the flow fails and the sharepoint approval status do not update with the buttons.  please see my attached pics with my flow and the error.  flow1.JPGflow2.JPGflow3.JPGflowerror.JPG

Hello Team,

I understood your issue.

The problem is you are initiating an Approval for each attachment and Flow is not able to understand which Approval response it should point to.

What you will need to do is first merge all the attachments together and only send a single attachment   for approval.

I hope you get my point.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi Yashkamdar.

Thank you.  How do I merge all of the documents together first then send a single one for approval?  Once set up is the pdf link process automated ?When doing this, will the flow know which attachment ties back to which approval button in the email?  I am trying to have the link to the pdf in the approval email so that it doesn't clog up space in outlook instead of an actual file.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,045)