cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

microsoft flow get all items with distinct Assigned to (User and group) filed

Hi

I am creating a flow to get all the item assined to a single user and send an email to that user with all the item detail .

I dont want to send separate email for each task .

Could you please help me with any option . 

Thanks

Gautmish

128 REPLIES 128

@ckotekar The skip command in your "Compose 2" action needs to be entered as an "Expression" and not a string.  When it is entered correctly it should look like the compose action below.Capture.JPG

@-Garrett-  Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately, I don't have the 'Dynamic content/Expression' view (same is visible in the snapshot shared earlier). It was visible earlier (at least 7-8 months ago) and had used it too, and I likely would have disabled it unintentionally. Even after trying to get this activated, I failed to figure out. Since it is of enabling some option, could you/anyone help me to get it back? Routing me to a Help page would also suffice.

Thanks in advance!

@-Garrett- ... that's a great tip. It helped 😍.

This is not intuitive nor I ever imagined that Zooming the page is the solution. Not sure if its a Bug or as per the design, but for sure I see an opportunity for enhancement!.

@-Garrett- , I have a follow-up question. 

The Flow is working perfectly fine as suggested in the thread. 

The flow I am creating is to send reminders to the relevant stakeholders for action from them. Once the activity is complete, I wouldn't want any email to be triggered for that task. To achieve that, I see 2 options,

1. Delete the person information from the field. No mail if the column entry is empty.
  2. Use another field that indicates the status (Open/In-progress, Closed). No mail if the status is closed.

I tried option 1 as an easy way but I have an error from the 'Append Array' block as it returns NULL. Even adding a filter in the 'Get item' dint help much.

Could you please suggest me on this. Since I'm a novice with the Flows, looking forward to some help with the best option along with the hint on expression or block to be used.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @ckotekar ,

I would use option 2 as you suggested, you can add a filter to your get items task to only grab the items you want to send an email about. You may be able to do option 1 by adding a conditional task in the flow that if the email is null it won't do anything

Thanks,

Zach

Hello @ZachRoberts 

I inserted a column 'status' and have incorporated 'Condition' inside 'Apply to all' block. This works fine for 'Append to array variable'. But looks like I'm missing something on 'Do until' block to filter out entries with status 'Done' (Filter Arra 2 block in the snapshot). Will need some help to set the right filter. Again, I am not sure if Filter is the right approach. 

Could I get some help here?

MSFlowError_2.png

Thanks in advance!

@ckotekar I am by no means a Power Automate "Expert" but my personal understanding is that it is best practice, and will improve performance on large list, to use OData filter inside of the "Get Items" Action.  Please reference the below link for information on why this is.

https://sharepains.com/2018/11/12/sharepoint-get-items-odata-filter-query/

@-Garrett-  This was easiest way to get through while I was making it complicated with conditional block ...😏.

I remember trying ODATA field in the past but missed using the right syntax. Succeeded this time.

Thanks a ton...!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (9,264)