cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wei_Keng

microsoft flow shared to me cannot save flow changes

Hi Everyone, 

I have this microsoft flow that was shared to me by my ex-colleague who left the organization. The flow started off by collecting data from a microsoft form that is also created by this same ex-colleague. Unfortunately, this form was not shared to me before she left. Being one of the owner of the flow, I wanted to change the connection to my email account because  the flow fail when someone submitted the form for internal approvals. I tried to change out all the connections in the flow that are tied to my ex-colleague email account until the flow checker no longer show any errors. However I cannot save the updated flow and am given the following error message.    

Would need advice how to resolve this issue. Already remove the Do I need to replicate the microsoft form to create under my name and replace the current one tied to the flow in order to resolve this problem (since I have no ownership to the form)?

flow error message.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Wei_Keng ,

Based on the message, it appears you do not have required access to the MS Form itself.  Is the connection in your account or another account?

The owner of the form can shared the form by:

1) Navigate to the Form

2) Click Share

3) Under Share to collaborate, enter user account

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Wei_Keng ,

Based on the message, it appears you do not have required access to the MS Form itself.  Is the connection in your account or another account?

The owner of the form can shared the form by:

1) Navigate to the Form

2) Click Share

3) Under Share to collaborate, enter user account

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Wei_Keng

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for the suggestion. You are correct that my ex-colleague did not share the form to me, that's why I cannot edit the Microsoft Flow that started with collecting response from this form. I tested out by removing the form from the flow and linking it to a duplicated form created by myself and I'm able to save the whole flow. So it's a learning for us that forms need to be shared out prior leaving organization.      

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (848)