cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drdrc

multiperson Form and feedback loops

Hello everyone,

I'm new to applying power automate to problems, so apologies if I am missing obvious insights.

At my workplace I look after a process of jobs being assessed, with colleagues providing a number of metric scores (provided as percentages) ultimately providing a weighted average. Two colleagues assess the job, but need to be within a certain percentage range (e.g. within 10%), yet submit reports independent of each other. If their metrics are too far apart then scores have to be subsequent re-submitted so they are within that window.

Currently, this requires a lot of intervention from the original assessors and those coordinating behind the scenes. I felt this feedback loop would be ideally suited to a PA flow scenario. I would be interested to know from the community where I might find examples of such a flow. I was thinking along the lines of each assessor completes a Forms trigger before feeding into an Approvals process. If the final weighted averages are >10% the forms are returned for adjustment and notification by e-mail??? That's what I am thinking.

Sorry for being verbose, but looking for a pointer primarily.

Cheers, drdrc

3 REPLIES 3
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @drdrc ,

Welcome to the community.

MS Forms is a good start.  The issue is that you will rely on manual input to relate the assessment/form response to what is being assessed.  For example, you might be assessing a car with VIN 123456.  Assessor 1 and 2 will need to make sure they type in 123456 correctly for your flow to match both responses up and do the calculation.  If this is OK, I think your idea should be fine.  

Alternatively, you could look at creating a SharePoint list with relevant lookups and customize it with PowerApps.  There is a blog here and here.

I understand there will be a bit more of a learning curve which is why I said the MS Forms approach is a good start.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

drdrc

Hi @eric-cheng, thanks for your recent thoughts and suggestions. I've had a play and think. I've managed to now:

• Get items from sharepoint list
  • Create an array with an identifier (egg a person's name) from all rows in the SP list
  • Use the union() function in a compose action to generate a list of unique names

I would like to access each name to use this as a SP ODATA filter criterion within an apply to all loop. My idea being that I can further probe each sublist in turn to see whether further action is required, as per my original post.

I can not work out how to access each name in that Compose Action! It feels like it should be simple...but my PA inexperience and working in different languages is making this intractable. 

Thanks...drdrc 

eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @drdrc ,

Could you post a few screenshots as this will help me provide a correct solution.

If I understand it right, you now have an array and you want to access each item in the array (possibly to generate an email string?).  You would loop through the array and use the below expression to reference the current time.  Replace the ColumnName with the column you want to reference.

item()?['ColumnName']

ericcheng_3-1634435978205.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,157)