Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davyjones
Helper III
Helper III

parse a POC list

Good Day all!

What I am doing:  I have a flow that checks to see when a new item is put into a sharepoint.  This item is the result of an output from a separate application.  It will kick off a chain of events, that requires regular approval from a potential group of people.  Each approval will change the state and this only goes in one direction.  

So far, I have gotten the 'watch for initial item' as well as 'approval in teams' and I even have the part of 'change state upon approval'.  What I need to wrap my head around is that depending on the type of item, the flow needs to parse a POC list and send the approval email/team message to the right person(s).

It was briefly explained to me, but I dont think I have it all.  The person suggested starting an array and making a POC variable.  Outside of that, I am not sure how the checker works.  Also, if i am going on a tangent that is overly complicated, I would love to make this much more streamlined and easier!  My current flow is below:

davyjones_0-1649769154745.pngdavyjones_1-1649769240595.png

Not sure what to filter for, and then what to do after.  My friend suggested the below, which is an example of what he has done in the past:

davyjones_2-1649769328833.pngdavyjones_3-1649769393492.png

From there, he used the 'systemPOC' output to populate the 'To' portion of the email.  From there, I got it, as I can include that also in the 'teams approval' part, no problem.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,200)