Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davyjones
Helper III
Helper III

parse a POC list

Good Day all!

What I am doing:  I have a flow that checks to see when a new item is put into a sharepoint.  This item is the result of an output from a separate application.  It will kick off a chain of events, that requires regular approval from a potential group of people.  Each approval will change the state and this only goes in one direction.  

So far, I have gotten the 'watch for initial item' as well as 'approval in teams' and I even have the part of 'change state upon approval'.  What I need to wrap my head around is that depending on the type of item, the flow needs to parse a POC list and send the approval email/team message to the right person(s).

It was briefly explained to me, but I dont think I have it all.  The person suggested starting an array and making a POC variable.  Outside of that, I am not sure how the checker works.  Also, if i am going on a tangent that is overly complicated, I would love to make this much more streamlined and easier!  My current flow is below:

davyjones_0-1649769154745.pngdavyjones_1-1649769240595.png

Not sure what to filter for, and then what to do after.  My friend suggested the below, which is an example of what he has done in the past:

davyjones_2-1649769328833.pngdavyjones_3-1649769393492.png

From there, he used the 'systemPOC' output to populate the 'To' portion of the email.  From there, I got it, as I can include that also in the 'teams approval' part, no problem.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,914)