cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robinhood
Helper II
Helper II

powerapps upload multiplie files form with powerautomate flow to SharePoint Detaset in DocLib, not shareing the metadata of the dataset folder

I have a rather complicated PowerApps form that allows for populating about 15 metadata fields with cascading lookup dropdowns to a dataset folder and uploading up to 10 files into that folder on running the form. All seemed fine but I notice a strange artefact that the first uploaded file in any run of the flow does not populate the shared metadata of the dateset folder. So if you choose but one file to upload, it's metadata is entirely missing.

With 2 or more files uploaded you can see the first has no metadata, but the rest of the files in the folder are fully populated. I have looked thru the flow logs and the required content type id guid is present for each file upload, so I'm quite confused why I'm seeing this behavior. 

Any clues or suggestions that work to solution greatly appreciated!

/Robin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Robinhood
Helper II
Helper II

the answer is that the "Document Set Settings" of "shared columns" had to be edited (the second time) to be taken seriously apparantly, because reasserting the columns to be shared seemed to be the charm, now all the files inside the docset folder each have the parent folder metadata applied to each. Bizzar! Hope this is helpful to someone.

/Robin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Robinhood
Helper II
Helper II

the answer is that the "Document Set Settings" of "shared columns" had to be edited (the second time) to be taken seriously apparantly, because reasserting the columns to be shared seemed to be the charm, now all the files inside the docset folder each have the parent folder metadata applied to each. Bizzar! Hope this is helpful to someone.

/Robin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,338)