cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usafalawprof
Level: Power Up

pre-send documents

In an academic role-play simulation course, I have 200-300 documents to send to 30-40 students playing different roles in 5-6 scenarios throughout the semester.  I have scheduled these documents to go to specific roles/students on specific dates.  The Blackboard Learning Management Systems allows this through it's use of "adaptive release" of these documents to become available to individual students on specific dates.  Only the students I identify can see their document on these dates.

Is there a way to do this using MS Flow, or some other Office 365 feature?

thanks,

usafalawprof

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: pre-send documents

@usafalawprof 

Not sure I understood the scenario

Let's assume you have an schedule defined for document sharing to all your students in an excel file table in your onedrive; and also the documents to be shared stored in your onedrive. Let's also assume you share the documents via email. The structure of the table could be as follows:

#index #target sharing date #target document #target student

You can define a flow running once a day, the flow would read all rows from excel table, filter the ones with date matching the day the flow is executed, and for each match send an email to target student with target document.

You can also assign tasks via Microsoft Planner connector, by means of action blocks "Create Task" (add target student, start date, due date) Delay - 1 minute- and "Update task details" (add URL to access target document, add reference alias so you can customize file related text to display when opening the task in Planner). You have a good example of this Planner approach here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Flow-Fail-Update-Planner-Task-Details/td-p/79981

Flow_update_task_details.png

Hope this helps

If anybody solved your question, remember to mark its post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: pre-send documents

Hi @usafalawprof ,

Based on your requirements of describe, you can create a library in SharePoint to store these files will be sent in the future, and create a few columns, StudentName, Scenarios, EmailAddress, SendDate.

Annotation 2019-07-11 161545.png

You could create a Recurrence Flow to run every day to check the SendDate whether it is equal to today. If yes, get the file content, and send the corresponding file.

Annotation 2019-07-11 161845.png

Annotation 2019-07-11 160658.png

Please have a try, I hope it will help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 440 members 6,599 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: