Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bloodoff
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

"Azure AD - Get group members" does not return External Contacts

Hi,

We have some Distribution Lists that not only include internal users, but also external contacts. I have a flow that controls and notifies if a group has been updated (new member was added or removed). Part of that flow is "Azure AD - Get group members".

So it looks like "Azure AD - Get group members" does not return External contacts in its output. It only returns internal users. Is it by design or it's a bug?

Thanks!

dl.pngoutput.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ bloodoff,

I have made a test on my side and the issue taht you mentioned is confirmed on my side, the "Azure AD - Get group members" does not return External contacts in its output,It only returns internal users.

Microsoft flow "Azure AD - Get group members" action support to returns internal users currently,

Returning External contacts in the output of "Azure AD - Get group members" action is not supporeted in 

Microsoft Flow currently,

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ bloodoff,

I have made a test on my side and the issue taht you mentioned is confirmed on my side, the "Azure AD - Get group members" does not return External contacts in its output,It only returns internal users.

Microsoft flow "Azure AD - Get group members" action support to returns internal users currently,

Returning External contacts in the output of "Azure AD - Get group members" action is not supporeted in 

Microsoft Flow currently,

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

bloodoff
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Created a Flow Idea to fix that. Please support whoever has the same issue / need.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Make-quot-Azure-AD-Get-group-members-quot-return-Ext-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (4,145)