cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilFancy
Advocate I
Advocate I

"Power Automate for Office 365" available - additional "Microsoft Power Automate Free" plan useful?

We got Users with F3, E1 and E3 license plans which offer "Power Automate for Office 365" or "Power Automate for Office 365 F3".

In addition we got lots of "Microsoft Power Automate Free" license plans free for use in our tenant.

Does it make sense to give "Microsoft Power Automate Free" to our users in addition to the "Power Automate for Office 365" they got from their plans? Is there any advantage if I add the free plan to the users as well?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PhilFancy ,

Power Automate has different performance profiles for different licenses.  These can affect limits, throttles and performance.  

If a user has multiple licenses assigned, they will have the limits of the highest license.  

With that said, based on this link, Free and M365 (E3-5) are classified as 'Low performance profiles' so i dont see any difference / benefit of having assigning multiple licenses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PhilFancy ,

Power Automate has different performance profiles for different licenses.  These can affect limits, throttles and performance.  

If a user has multiple licenses assigned, they will have the limits of the highest license.  

With that said, based on this link, Free and M365 (E3-5) are classified as 'Low performance profiles' so i dont see any difference / benefit of having assigning multiple licenses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Users online (3,271)