cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
testthirdware
Helper II
Helper II

"Report requested for export is not on dedicated capacity" using Power Automate(Power BI)

Hi Team,

I get the below error everytime on Power automate flow. Not sure on the issue. Kindy help 

testthirdware_0-1617026298794.png

48 REPLIES 48
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@testthirdware 

To use this action, you need to have a Power BI Pro license with the Premium add-on to your Power BI license. The new Per User premium add-on does not allow you to use this action - you need the full Premium add-on. Then, the report needs to be in a workspace with the premium capacity turned on.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
JeromeMazet
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello Scott, 

Thanks for this information.

So it means that Power Automate is unusable with Power Bi unless you have the full premium licence at 4000 € / months .... 🙂

Am I right ?

Best Regards, 

Jérôme

This is the biggest bull**bleep** I've ever seen Microsoft produce.

I've used free trial, but when I tested its still said "Error 403". Can you help me with this? Thank you so much.

cattuong_1-1629961541955.png

cattuong_0-1629961421119.png

Darthy

Dear All,

I'm facing with the same problem. I have to ask why I can't use this option with Pro licence ? And if I can't use this kind of simple option, why do we pay and need  Pro Licence?

Does Microsoft think to change this licence problem ? 

can anyone say me, is there an any alternative for this ? Because I want to create full automate "Montly Report". But this error is really annoying. 

Thanks 

Same issue! Do you find any solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Scott,

Do you need the $4995 per capacity/month plan or is the $20 per user/month sufficient to run Power Automate?

I want to send the Power BI pdf reports to users who may not necessarily have Power BI Pro license. 

Regards,

Joel

MikeJoke
Advocate I
Advocate I

You have to pay 4k / month to automate the "Export to PDF"?
Which is already available when you press the button on the PowerBI Page.

This feature should be available in any environment, what is the exact reason why you have to pay so much for this?

jerome_mazet
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

Currently, the only way to proceed is to use a combination of "paginated reports" and "Power automate", and that's what I do.

To do it, you'll need a PowerBi PPU Licence (around  8€ / month), in order to publish the paginated reports to the cloud, and a Power Automate licence (nearly the same price).

With these licences, you'll be able to automatically send PDF reports (generated by your paginated reports) to end users via email.

One interesting thing is that a PowerBi report can be seen as a Data Source for a paginated report.

It means that, in your case, you have two possibilities

1- Create your paginated report from scratch (using an SQL query for the Data Set)

2- Use your PowerBi report (already published) as Data Source for your paginated report.

Personnaly I use the first one, but it is up to you :-).

Currently I have around 10 different paginated reports managed with Power Automate and I can say that the service is very stable.

I hope this comment will help you,

Best Regards, 

Jérôme.. from France 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have found a simple solution to this.

In Power BI Pro, you can add users to a subscription list in Power BI online. The users need to have Power BI Pro so that the mails can be sent. For users who do not Pro version, I have subscribed myself to the report and set an auto-forward rule in Outlook to send it to the group of people.

Regards,

Joel

Hi, 

You are right and that's what I did at the beginning, but there are limitations with this method (using only PowerBi)

For exemple you cannot manage a "sending logic" of the email and its attachment.

-For exemple, I my case, I don t want to send an email with an empty attachement to end user if no data are retrieved by the query ( I don't want to "spam" there mail boxes 🙂 ) With Power Automate I can check If there are data or not and if I send the email or not (using a sort "If / Then / Else" logic) and also, depending on some criterias, to whom I send the email.

- As you said, end users will need to have Pro licence, which is not the case with Power Automate (they just need to have an email address)

Anyway, it is everyone who decides depending on needs 🙂

Regards, 

jérôme

hi jerome

I appreciate the the hope you give, but I have PremPerUser for Power BI and the Automate licenses, and I still get the same error.

"Report requested for export is not on dedicated capacity"

My paginated (test) report runs fine interactive, but alas not in a power automate.

I am surprised yours works.

Dan

Reuben12
Regular Visitor

Hello @Ruben 🙂

I think that there s a way of doing what you want to do. it is not totally free but less expensive than 3000 pounds ;-).

Here is what could be your solution.

Let's assume that you have 100 customers and you want to send dedicated report (developped with Power Builder) to each of them using Power Automate :

Here is what could be the solution for you :

Prerequisites : On each page of the report (one page by customer), display also the destination email address

1- Generate the full PDF document (100 pages, one for each customer)

2- Use the component (Split PDF) developped by Aquaforest to split the 100 pages document into 100 documents of 1 page

3- For each of this file (loop), and still using Aquaforest component, you can read the zone where the destination address email is written (if you want to make it unreadable for human, you can play with colors) and store this value into a power automate variable.

4- Into the same loop, send your one page PDF to the correct customer using the adresse previously stored.

Personnaly, I use this methode and it works very well.

Nevertheless, your idea is very good also but could take time to be integrated by Microsoft 😉

Here is a screen shot of my flow (comments are in French..sorry), I hope it will help you 🙂

Best Regards, 

Jérôme

JeromeMazet_0-1662467032086.png

Hello Jérôme, 

just to get a better understanding. You have created two workflows in Power Automate. The first one is "create paginated report" and the other one is "send email". And you are doing everything with Power Automate? Because I am still getting the "Dedicated Capacity" error with the paginated report. 

Thank you in advance. 

Best regards

Laura 

sneddonj
Advocate I
Advocate I

It is really disappointing that this is not available at the SME level. It is way to expensive for our business and we are already paying Microsoft a lot of money. The PBI/Automate community needs to keep the pressure on MS to make this service more broadly available.

Jares

Sigo recibiendo este mensaje y me parece inaudito, el reporte ya se puede exportar a pdf, simplemente quiero enviarlo automaticamente. Es inaudito pagar 5000 al mes solo para usar esa funcion, pueden sacar esa funcion limitada para pymes

Hello Jerome,

Same as others users in this blog I am having the same "Dedicated capacity" issue. I was wondering If I could contact you to get an idea of HOW to do it.

Already have Power BI PPU and using Power Automate, but still getting the same error. Need some enlightenment to make it work.

Hi Scott I have full power bi Pro, but still I am getting this error, its a request can you please guide me how to add full premium addons  and how turned on full capacity in power Bi work space.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Exclusive LIVE Community Event: Power Apps Copilot Coffee Chat with Copilot Studio Product Team

It's time for the SECOND Power Apps Copilot Coffee Chat featuring the Copilot Studio product team, which will be held LIVE on April 3, 2024 at 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).     This is an incredible opportunity to connect with members of the Copilot Studio product team and ask them anything about Copilot Studio. We'll share our special guests with you shortly--but we want to encourage to mark your calendars now because you will not want to miss the conversation.   This live event will give you the unique opportunity to learn more about Copilot Studio plans, where we’ll focus, and get insight into upcoming features. We’re looking forward to hearing from the community, so bring your questions!   TO GET ACCESS TO THIS EXCLUSIVE AMA: Kudo this post to reserve your spot! Reserve your spot now by kudoing this post.  Reservations will be prioritized on when your kudo for the post comes through, so don't wait! Click that "kudo button" today.   Invitations will be sent on April 2nd.Users posting Kudos after April 2nd at 9AM PDT may not receive an invitation but will be able to view the session online after conclusion of the event. Give your "kudo" today and mark your calendars for April 3, 2024 at 9:30 AM PDT and join us for an engaging and informative session!

Tuesday Tip: Unlocking Community Achievements and Earning Badges

TUESDAY TIPS are our way of communicating helpful things we've learned or shared that have helped members of the Community. Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned pro, Tuesday Tips will help you know where to go, what to look for, and navigate your way through the ever-growing--and ever-changing--world of the Power Platform Community! We cover basics about the Community, provide a few "insider tips" to make your experience even better, and share best practices gleaned from our most active community members and Super Users.   With so many new Community members joining us each week, we'll also review a few of our "best practices" so you know just "how" the Community works, so make sure to watch the News & Announcements each week for the latest and greatest Tuesday Tips!     THIS WEEK'S TIP: Unlocking Achievements and Earning BadgesAcross the Communities, you'll see badges on users profile that recognize and reward their engagement and contributions. These badges each signify a different achievement--and all of those achievements are available to any Community member! If you're a seasoned pro or just getting started, you too can earn badges for the great work you do. Check out some details on Community badges below--and find out more in the detailed link at the end of the article!       A Diverse Range of Badges to Collect The badges you can earn in the Community cover a wide array of activities, including: Kudos Received: Acknowledges the number of times a user’s post has been appreciated with a “Kudo.”Kudos Given: Highlights the user’s generosity in recognizing others’ contributions.Topics Created: Tracks the number of discussions initiated by a user.Solutions Provided: Celebrates the instances where a user’s response is marked as the correct solution.Reply: Counts the number of times a user has engaged with community discussions.Blog Contributor: Honors those who contribute valuable content and are invited to write for the community blog.       A Community Evolving Together Badges are not only a great way to recognize outstanding contributions of our amazing Community members--they are also a way to continue fostering a collaborative and supportive environment. As you continue to share your knowledge and assist each other these badges serve as a visual representation of your valuable contributions.   Find out more about badges in these Community Support pages in each Community: All About Community Badges - Power Apps CommunityAll About Community Badges - Power Automate CommunityAll About Community Badges - Copilot Studio CommunityAll About Community Badges - Power Pages Community

Tuesday Tips: Powering Up Your Community Profile

TUESDAY TIPS are our way of communicating helpful things we've learned or shared that have helped members of the Community. Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned pro, Tuesday Tips will help you know where to go, what to look for, and navigate your way through the ever-growing--and ever-changing--world of the Power Platform Community! We cover basics about the Community, provide a few "insider tips" to make your experience even better, and share best practices gleaned from our most active community members and Super Users.   With so many new Community members joining us each week, we'll also review a few of our "best practices" so you know just "how" the Community works, so make sure to watch the News & Announcements each week for the latest and greatest Tuesday Tips!   This Week's Tip: Power Up Your Profile!  🚀 It's where every Community member gets their start, and it's essential that you keep it updated! Your Community User Profile is how you're able to get messages, post solutions, ask questions--and as you rank up, it's where your badges will appear and how you'll be known when you start blogging in the Community Blog. Your Community User Profile is how the Community knows you--so it's essential that it works the way you need it to! From changing your username to updating contact information, this Knowledge Base Article is your best resource for powering up your profile.     Password Puzzles? No Problem! Find out how to sync your Azure AD password with your community account, ensuring a seamless sign-in. No separate passwords to remember! Job Jumps & Email Swaps Changed jobs? Got a new email? Fear not! You'll find out how to link your shiny new email to your existing community account, keeping your contributions and connections intact. Username Uncertainties Unraveled Picking the perfect username is crucial--and sometimes the original choice you signed up with doesn't fit as well as you may have thought. There's a quick way to request an update here--but remember, your username is your community identity, so choose wisely. "Need Admin Approval" Warning Window? If you see this error message while using the community, don't worry. A simple process will help you get where you need to go. If you still need assistance, find out how to contact your Community Support team. Whatever you're looking for, when it comes to your profile, the Community Account Support Knowledge Base article is your treasure trove of tips as you navigate the nuances of your Community Profile. It’s the ultimate resource for keeping your digital identity in tip-top shape while engaging with the Power Platform Community. So, dive in and power up your profile today!  💪🚀   Community Account Support | Power Apps Community Account Support | Power AutomateCommunity Account Support | Copilot Studio  Community Account Support | Power Pages

Super User of the Month | Chris Piasecki

In our 2nd installment of this new ongoing feature in the Community, we're thrilled to announce that Chris Piasecki is our Super User of the Month for March 2024. If you've been in the Community for a while, we're sure you've seen a comment or marked one of Chris' helpful tips as a solution--he's been a Super User for SEVEN consecutive seasons!   Since authoring his first reply in April 2020 to his most recent achievement organizing the Canadian Power Platform Summit this month, Chris has helped countless Community members with his insights and expertise. In addition to being a Super User, Chris is also a User Group leader, Microsoft MVP, and a featured speaker at the Microsoft Power Platform Conference. His contributions to the new SUIT program, along with his joyous personality and willingness to jump in and help so many members has made Chris a fixture in the Power Platform Community.   When Chris isn't authoring solutions or organizing events, he's actively leading Piasecki Consulting, specializing in solution architecture, integration, DevOps, and more--helping clients discover how to strategize and implement Microsoft's technology platforms. We are grateful for Chris' insightful help in the Community and look forward to even more amazing milestones as he continues to assist so many with his great tips, solutions--always with a smile and a great sense of humor.You can find Chris in the Community and on LinkedIn. Thanks for being such a SUPER user, Chris! 💪 🌠  

Find Out What Makes Super Users So Super

We know many of you visit the Power Platform Communities to ask questions and receive answers. But do you know that many of our best answers and solutions come from Community members who are super active, helping anyone who needs a little help getting unstuck with Business Applications products? We call these dedicated Community members Super Users because they are the real heroes in the Community, willing to jump in whenever they can to help! Maybe you've encountered them yourself and they've solved some of your biggest questions. Have you ever wondered, "Why?"We interviewed several of our Super Users to understand what drives them to help in the Community--and discover the difference it has made in their lives as well! Take a look in our gallery today: What Motivates a Super User? - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

March User Group Update: New Groups and Upcoming Events!

Welcome to this month’s celebration of our Community User Groups and exciting User Group events. We’re thrilled to introduce some brand-new user groups that have recently joined our vibrant community. Plus, we’ve got a lineup of engaging events you won’t want to miss. Let’s jump right in: New User Groups   Sacramento Power Platform GroupANZ Power Platform COE User GroupPower Platform MongoliaPower Platform User Group OmanPower Platform User Group Delta StateMid Michigan Power Platform Upcoming Events  DUG4MFG - Quarterly Meetup - Microsoft Demand PlanningDate: 19 Mar 2024 | 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM Central America Standard TimeDescription: Dive into the world of manufacturing with a focus on Demand Planning. Learn from industry experts and share your insights. Dynamics User Group HoustonDate: 07 Mar 2024 | 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM Central America Standard TimeDescription: Houston, get ready for an immersive session on Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform. Connect with fellow professionals and expand your knowledge. Reading Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Group (Q1)Date: 05 Mar 2024 | 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM GMT Standard TimeDescription: Join our virtual meetup for insightful discussions, demos, and community updates. Let’s kick off Q1 with a bang! Leaders, Create Your Events!  Leaders of existing User Groups, don’t forget to create your events within the Community platform. By doing so, you’ll enable us to share them in future posts and newsletters. Let’s spread the word and make these gatherings even more impactful! Stay tuned for more updates, inspiring stories, and collaborative opportunities from and for our Community User Groups.   P.S. Have an event or success story to share? Reach out to us – we’d love to feature you!

Users online (5,383)