cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Styx
Level: Powered On

"When a new email arrives" diffrent when WITHIN a flow than at the beginning

Hey guys,

I've got troubles with the trigger "when a new email arrives".
It works perfectly fine for me when using it a the beginning of a flow

When used within the Flow: "add an action" -> "triggers" -> "when a new email arrives".

It does not have the same Options but in the "peek code" it is the same trigger.

I have a workaround to get the "Attachments Content" and "Attachments Name" but it's rather complicated.

I would really appreciate any solution to this Problem 🙂

Attached you find the Options, the peek code and the choosable content of

1) the "when a new email arrives" at the beginning

pic4.PNGpi3.PNGPic1.PNGPic2.PNG

2) the "when a new email arrives" whithin the flow

pic7.PNGpic6.PNGpic5.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: "When a new email arrives" diffrent when WITHIN a flow than at the beginning

Hi @Styx 

Can you please share more details on the scenario that you are trying to build? 

Please note that the When a new email arrives is a trigger and can oly be used once in a Flow. A Flow cannot have two triggers (even the same trigger twice etc) makes sense?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: "When a new email arrives" diffrent when WITHIN a flow than at the beginning

Hi @Styx ,

As @yashag2255  said, the trigger could only be added in the beginning of the flow and you couldn't add the trigger in the middle of the flow.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Styx

Sure,

I'm receving a mail with a certain subject from that, an approval is triggered and a mail is sent to a specific adress.

Furthermore when from the specific adress an email arrives again a approval is triggerd.

and it is possible to add a trigger within the flow. It was allready implemented but with pretty **bleep**ty workarounds because I can not get the Attachment Content and Name.

As you can see in the picture when you add an action you can choose between trigger and action.

pic8.PNG

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Styx 

So yes, it does appear as a choice when you search for a connector. You will see all the actions and triggers that are available directly for that particular connector. Now, if you search it in the place of the Trigger at the beginning of the Flow, you will still be able to see all the actions and triggers but you cannot set an action there (because an action cannot trigger the flow) Just the same way you cannot put a trigger type in the Flow later on as an action. Makes Sense? You can probably have two flows or define the logic in a way to address that in the same flow itself. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Styx

Okay....

AGAIN. It works. I've done it...

the following pictures may show you that its possible.

pic11.PNGpix10.PNGpic9.PNG

My question was why they are the same but do not have all of the same options.

Best Regards

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Styx 

It is not the correct way. So now that you were able to succesfully run it, you can compare the ID's returned by both the triggers and you will notice that it is just the same. The id is of the email that triggered this flow. 

Not all triggers will give you a successful run this way and it is obvious that this will give you a set of undesired responses and results. 

Therefore, a flow should have only one trigger and then maybe based on the requirement you can trigger other flows with this. 

Hope this Helps!

Styx

No the ID's are diffrent.

Do you mean a nother ID?

Inkedpic13_LI.pngInkedpic12_LI.pngpic14.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,197)