cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eliot
Advocate II
Advocate II

"When a site has requested to join a hub site" Seems To Be Fundamentally Wrong

The aforementioned flow / power automate flow appears to be fundamentally wrong.

I can't find it in the triggers listed in the docs that it links to in the 'Learn more' itself:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/#onhubsitejoinapproval

Plus the description of it at C-SharpCorner (search that + trigger) confirms that it seems broken.

Basically, you need to define the site AND the hub ID before being able to use the trigger. So basically it seems like it only exists to stop (or allow) one specific site from joining one specific hub.

Surely that's not the case, is it? It would seem like the intended functionality (by the language of the connector) would be when *any* site requests to join a specific hub site.

Am I not seeing something? (also, obviously, there's no anger here ... just confusion!)

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Eliot ,

Thank you for your feedback! This seems to be a newly added feature. To be honest, I am also the first to contact this connector. There is no explanation of this trigger in the documentation. I tried searching for relevant documentation about this trigger, but nothing was gained.

Only this: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Approval-of-SharePoint-Site-getting-joined-...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, Barry, here's hoping someone has a solution for this! 🙂

walkingstar

Apparently, the process to get this action to work is different.

On the Hub site: Navigate to Edit hub site settings -> select "Require approval for associated sites to join" and then select "SAVE", this will prompt a couple of popups to enter approvers and other details. A flow is dynamically created for you.

One can navigate to Flows admin center and review or customize the flow further.

But i guess something is triggered/configured behind the scenes when done this way, instead of creating a flow and trying to use the trigger action "when a site has requested to join a hub site".

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,250)