cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

saving file attachments sent to a sharepoint group conversation

We have a SharePoint group to which users forward emails containing attachments.  The group is called SOLAudit.  When a user receives an email containing a SOL they just forward the email to SOLAudit@ourdomain.com.  Then everyone in the group has access to the BOL within their Outlook under groups.  This works well.  People receive emails.  They forward them to a central spot, and everyone can find them.

We would like to save the attachments sent to the SOLAudit SharePoint Group to the Files section of the same SharePoint group.  This makes the file much more accessible than looking them up within the email.

When an email is forwarded to the SOLAudit group it shows up as a conversation.  I do not know if this is handled the same way as an email account within Flow.  There isn't a SOLAudit user, so I cannot create a connection to the SOLAudit email account.  I use my email account for the connection.  I am a member of the SOLAudit group.  I am unable to determine how to set the settings for appropriately accessing the SOLAudit conversation or email from my account.

Within the "Office 365 Outlook - When a New Email Arrives" action there is a folder path.  I have tried entering the path to the group conversations, but I get a does not exist error when the flow runs.

Is it possible to use a group conversation email path?

If not then is there a To or From option or another component or option that would work?

Thanks,

Raymond

Thanks,

Raymond
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: saving file attachments sent to a sharepoint group conversation

Hi radalton,

if it's not a valid email address, you can put it in the body.

But in your case, I think "Sharepoint - when a file is created" might be more suitable for you?

as it's listening the file change in the sharepoint based on my understanding.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,990)