cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnorris135
Helper IV
Helper IV

send email from Array

Trying to send an email to all the emails in my filter array (Output).  My Filter Array yields the results im looking for.

Filter Array

From Outputs

contains(outputs('Compose_2'), item())  is equal to   false

Output = person1@email.com,

person2@email.com   

Im thinking i may need a 1.) Apply to item and 2.) Email the array emails......  but im not sure.....anybody have a idea how to finish out my filter array by being able to email the output emails??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ViditGholam
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Also @cnorris135 Here I am assuming that the body to the apply to each are emails which you are setting into the below variable if that is the case just drag your send email connection inside the apply to each and that should work for you. as shown below

ViditGholam_0-1617765290086.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ViditGholam
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @cnorris135 What is your requirement do you want to send the same email to 2 or more ID's or you want to send separate emails to Each Email ID 

Also please tell me which connector are you using for sending emails (Screen shot would be nice)

ViditGholam
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @cnorris135  you can achieve this as follows 

flow - I created an array of 2 emails later I am joining them with ";" and passing the output of the join to the email trigger 

ViditGholam_0-1617688009322.png

Output - 

ViditGholam_1-1617688125781.png

Hope this helps ! 

Let me know incase any issues.

If this resolves your issue please mark this post as answered and hit me a thumps up.

Thanks and Regards,

Vidit

cnorris135
Helper IV
Helper IV

hi sir..... thank you for your response.  i got it to send emails BUT..... i dont know how to get it to send separate emails.  please see my screenshot.  This Flow works.... it just combines the emails by ";".  So if there were 5 emails that the flow found, it would send 1 emails with all 5 emails in the To.  Is there a way to separate or send separate emails and NOT one email?  If so, please tell me how

IMG_2749 (1).jpg

ViditGholam
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi, @cnorris135 Yes there is give me a min will show you how to do it

ViditGholam
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @cnorris135  Here you go ! you can do it this way 

My Flow Snap shots -

ViditGholam_0-1617717401820.png

Outputs - 

Email - 1

ViditGholam_1-1617717513184.png

Email - 2

ViditGholam_2-1617717567888.png

Note : I am not using Send Email connector Cus i have some issues with shared mail box in my environment so i showed you the output in a compose

Hope this helps !

Let me know any case any issues.

If this resolves your issue please mark this post as answered and hit me a thumps up.

Thanks and Regards,

Vidit

cnorris135
Helper IV
Helper IV

okay.... in your above screenshots, the one thing is you hardcoded the emails into the createArray code.....  since one will never know what the actual emails will be from any given week, i cant hard code in the emails.  the code has to look at whatever emails show up, the "random" emails should be separate emails.  So i guess im asking, what do i put in the "compose email array to look at whatever emails will show in the output of the previous steps.  sometimes it could be 2.... one day it could be 5, another day it could be 12, but the point, we will never know what emails will show but again, whatever do, they must be separate emails going on per email.  

how do you do that part?

ViditGholam
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @cnorris135 can you share me your flow screen shots and also tell me from where are your emails coming from

ViditGholam
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Also @cnorris135 Here I am assuming that the body to the apply to each are emails which you are setting into the below variable if that is the case just drag your send email connection inside the apply to each and that should work for you. as shown below

ViditGholam_0-1617765290086.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,294)