cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nivesh
Advocate I
Advocate I

send email with multiple attachments

I'm trying to send emails from Microsoft Flow with multiple attachments.

The Flow connects to a SharePoint library and sends out emails. I need multiple attachments included in those emails.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nivesh,

As the screenshots you have attached, when using the action “Get file content”, we are asked to select a file from the library.
So it is currently not possible to get file content for several files and send an email with multiple attachments.

1.png

I haven’t seen a similar idea on Flow Ideas Forum, please consider to create a new idea for this issue. Other customers who have the same request will vote your idea at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I will also collect and report this issue from side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mmangiante
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @nivesh

could you explain better what you want to achieve and how SharePoint is used to send the email and its attachments?

However, if you do a search, I remember to have written a similar request.

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

melim
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi Nivesh,

Are you trying to copy the Sharepoint library's file content into the emails?  You can use the Sharepoint connector's action "Get File Content", then use the dynamic content "File content" into the "Send an email" Outlook action.

There are several actions on the Sharepoint connector that can help you get the items in the Sharepoint library, depending on whether you want to get a list item, a file, or folder information.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

nivesh
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to add more than one attachment to an email. The attachments will come from different lists in my site. I've linked you to some images of what I have that works with one attachment.

https://s16.postimg.org/z9pe0dvlh/1.png

https://s16.postimg.org/4tjh29a2d/2.png

Hi Nivesh,

As the screenshots you have attached, when using the action “Get file content”, we are asked to select a file from the library.
So it is currently not possible to get file content for several files and send an email with multiple attachments.

1.png

I haven’t seen a similar idea on Flow Ideas Forum, please consider to create a new idea for this issue. Other customers who have the same request will vote your idea at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I will also collect and report this issue from side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

JohannaM
Advocate I
Advocate I

I having an issue with creating this flow,

I have followed the steps provided and it picks up the attachments and attaches to one email, however the attachments are coming through as .bin file type rather than .jpg or .pdf.

Not sure if it makes a difference but i am using SMTP email connector.

Any help would be appreciated. 

RachelRoberts
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

I used two separate sets of "Get File Content" and "Get File Metadata". Then in the email option, they've added room for a second attachement. I don't know how many you can add but it worked well with 2 attachements. 

Regards, 

Rachel 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,054)