cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

sharepoint to ftp, including subfolders

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a flow the triggers when a file is created (or modified) in a Sharepoint Document library (including a variety of subfolders that will change), and copied (or updated) into the same folder structure in an FTP location (that will mirror the folder structure of Sharepoint).

I''ve followed instructions from a previous post about this, but to no avail.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Sharepoint-Flow-Create-a-folder-on-FTP-server/td-p/7...

My Flow stucture is below.

Capture.JPG

The result returned with this flow structure is:

Capture 2.JPG

My FTP connection is working. And I experience no issues when I create a trigger that copies a file from a specific Sharepoint folder to a specific FTP folder - it works without a hitch.

I gather the user in the post I reference got this to work, so I'm thinking it's possible, but I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alice,

Thanks very much for your response. I've managed to get this working now.

All I needed to do was match the folder structure in my FTP and the Sharepoint Library.

In other words, the ftp folder structure needs to begin with:

/Shared Documents/General/

After which, I believe you can set up whatever configuration of subfolders you like - my subfolders are divided into weeks of the year.

This means that my client can upload a file into the 'Week 22' subfolder on Sharepoint, and it will now automatically download to 'Week 22' on their network drive.

I'm not sure exactly why the Flow intially skipped the first step, but that issue resolved itself after a few hours.

Now all I need to work out is how to have files go in the opposite direction - from FTP to Sharepoint. I'm close, but not quite there yet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cfebvre,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

The run details of your flow that you provided indicate that the "When a file is created or modified (properties only)" is skipped.

Please share more details about your flow so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Hi Alice,

Thanks very much for your response. I've managed to get this working now.

All I needed to do was match the folder structure in my FTP and the Sharepoint Library.

In other words, the ftp folder structure needs to begin with:

/Shared Documents/General/

After which, I believe you can set up whatever configuration of subfolders you like - my subfolders are divided into weeks of the year.

This means that my client can upload a file into the 'Week 22' subfolder on Sharepoint, and it will now automatically download to 'Week 22' on their network drive.

I'm not sure exactly why the Flow intially skipped the first step, but that issue resolved itself after a few hours.

Now all I need to work out is how to have files go in the opposite direction - from FTP to Sharepoint. I'm close, but not quite there yet.

View solution in original post

Hello

did you manage to do from FTP to SharePoint?

I can, but it does not copy files stored into subfolders or does not create subfolders if created in the FTP site.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

I experience the same issue where it doesn't create the subfolders. Would be nice if this was a possibility.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (3,608)