cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lzl
Level: Power Up

slack

I have made a simple flow to check incoming o365 email for the word sales and to send this to a slack channel called sales.

Does not seem to work?

Anyou had any sucess with this type of flow?

Thanks,

Leigh

5 REPLIES 5
Power Automate Staff clamanna
Power Automate Staff

Re: slack

Hey Leigh -- we have something just like this set up internally at Microsoft (for posting Tweets or e-mails to slack), so it should be possible. 

If you click on the "i" next to your Flow and look at its execution history, do you see any errors or failures? For example, is the Slack or email step failing?

Also, if you can send me the URL from the top of the page when you are looking at some of the run history, we can look on our end and find exactly what is going on. 

As an example URL from me: https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/flows/fa2f2f8c-97a9-4632-bf13-590fb84f651c/runs/085873946961839842...

grizlyadams
Level: Powered On

I can't get slack (or anything for that matter) to work. The documentation is more a PR excercise eless.and is nigh on useless.

Spent the last 3 hours wasting time and getting nowhere.

Power Automate Staff clamanna
Power Automate Staff

Sorry to hear that -- would you mind sharing more information so we can look into it & address the problems?

Please feel free to send me an e-mail at chlama@microsoft.com with your flow information (e.g. the URL you see in the browser) or your email address used to log-in.

lzl
Level: Power Up
Power Automate Staff RajRa
Power Automate Staff

Hi Izl,

Sorry for your issues, I looked into your work flow and the slack action for your flow as never executed because the trigger condition ("when new mail is received") was not satisfied.

Can you check if the trigger conidtion is setup properly. For example - your condition is checking for the subject "sales" on new Mail  and also has a to email id filer.

Please let me know if this is still an issue - feel free to reach out to rajra@Microsoft.com

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,904)