Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erdem
Advocate II
Advocate II

switch for a sharepoint list Choice thinks it's a boolean while it's a string

hi,

I have a list with a choice in it. These choices are just text. When I create a switch case statement in Microsoft flow. I get the following exception: 

ExpressionEvaluationFailed. De uitvoering van de sjabloonactie Schakeloptie is mislukt. Het resultaat van de evaluatie van de scope-actie voor de expressie @triggerBody()?['thechoice'] is ongeldig. Dit is van het type Boolean, maar er wordt een waarde van het type String, Integer verwacht.

=> Microsoft flow thinks my choice field is a boolean.

Strangly enough in the following post it is being said that this should just work:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Switch-case-based-on-SharePoint-choice-F...

Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okey, I see now that I  have to take the VALUE .... so if you have a choice field that is called "MyChoice"... you'll have to fill the Switch option with "MyChoice Value"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Erdem
Advocate II
Advocate II

Sorry.. It was a boolean... 2 columns had almost the same name with one being a choice and the other being a boolean.

STILL a Problem though: now it's giving following error message:

ExpressionEvaluationFailed. De uitvoering van de sjabloonactie Schakeloptie is mislukt. Het resultaat van de evaluatie van de scope-actie voor de expressie @triggerBody()?['thechoice'] is ongeldig. Dit is van het type Object, maar er wordt een waarde van het type String, Integer verwacht.

It thinks it's an Object instead of a string

Okey, I see now that I  have to take the VALUE .... so if you have a choice field that is called "MyChoice"... you'll have to fill the Switch option with "MyChoice Value"

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,703)