Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erdem
Advocate II
Advocate II

switch for a sharepoint list Choice thinks it's a boolean while it's a string

hi,

I have a list with a choice in it. These choices are just text. When I create a switch case statement in Microsoft flow. I get the following exception: 

ExpressionEvaluationFailed. De uitvoering van de sjabloonactie Schakeloptie is mislukt. Het resultaat van de evaluatie van de scope-actie voor de expressie @triggerBody()?['thechoice'] is ongeldig. Dit is van het type Boolean, maar er wordt een waarde van het type String, Integer verwacht.

=> Microsoft flow thinks my choice field is a boolean.

Strangly enough in the following post it is being said that this should just work:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Switch-case-based-on-SharePoint-choice-F...

Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okey, I see now that I  have to take the VALUE .... so if you have a choice field that is called "MyChoice"... you'll have to fill the Switch option with "MyChoice Value"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Erdem
Advocate II
Advocate II

Sorry.. It was a boolean... 2 columns had almost the same name with one being a choice and the other being a boolean.

STILL a Problem though: now it's giving following error message:

ExpressionEvaluationFailed. De uitvoering van de sjabloonactie Schakeloptie is mislukt. Het resultaat van de evaluatie van de scope-actie voor de expressie @triggerBody()?['thechoice'] is ongeldig. Dit is van het type Object, maar er wordt een waarde van het type String, Integer verwacht.

It thinks it's an Object instead of a string

Okey, I see now that I  have to take the VALUE .... so if you have a choice field that is called "MyChoice"... you'll have to fill the Switch option with "MyChoice Value"

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,397)