cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeepaMS
Level: Powered On

trigger for a document uploaded in sub folders in document library

Hi,

I have a document library with document sets.  A user can create any folder and sub folder e.g Folder B within folder A.

When the user uploads a document in the folder B, I need to check the file extension and update the file custom metadata in a flow.  Currently I am facing issue as the flow does not trigger any event.  Is this a limitation, if so what is the work around?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
deeps2210

Re: trigger for a document uploaded in sub folders in document library

Never mind.  I found out that if you use this trigger and leave the folder blank it fires the event for any document uploaded in the library at any level in folders and sub folders

doclibflow.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lin-msft
Level 10

Hi @julieann,

Are you use the trigger "When a file is created in a folder"?

Annotation 2019-06-05 164052.pngWhen I tested the trigger, I moved newly uploaded files from one folder to another, it can work. However, the previously created Library or files uploaded a long time ago be used for testing, the trigger will not work.

• To move previously created files, you can manually trigger a flow, or you can run a flow on schedule,
  • Then you can use the replicated file with an action Apply to each, or you can use the replicated folder operation.

For example:

Untitled picture1.png

You can share the screenshots of your flow configuration. If so, we can solve your problem more accurately.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

deeps2210

Hi,

That is the thing.  I do not have the folder id.  The end user can create any folder or sub folder.  I was hoping to use some trigger like when any document is added to a document library at any folder level.  Makes sense?  Simply put  I want to run the flow when any document is added to a library in any folder or sub folder at any level in that library.

deeps2210

Never mind.  I found out that if you use this trigger and leave the folder blank it fires the event for any document uploaded in the library at any level in folders and sub folders

doclibflow.PNG

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 175 members 5,616 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: