cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

unable to overcome logic for excel columns. Is there a way to combine and send emails without duplicates.

Hello Everyone,

I have an excel file in OneDrive for Business and it has three columns as per below table. I need to send an email to each email address by adding "Displayname and Name" column details. I was able to do that but if "email address" column has duplicate values, then it is sending multiple emails. I want to send only one email by combining all of "DisplayName and Name column" if equal to that particular EmailAddress. 
For example of test@email.com I have combing two rows and send one email. 

Ex: 

DisplayNameNameEmailAddress
testtest1test@email.com
testingsecondtest@email.com
thirdonemoreteztthird@email.com
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: unable to overcome logic for excel columns. Is there a way to combine and send emails without duplicates.

@kumarraj88 

Hi there.  You could use union() to compare the array of email addresses to itself, however, if your intent is to use the DisplayName and Name...what determines which of the 'duplicate' email addresses prevails? If you're not using DisplayName or Name later, then that won't be a problem.  Check out this thread for more information.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: unable to overcome logic for excel columns. Is there a way to combine and send emails without duplicates.

@edgonzales  I have already tried using Union and it is not working in my scenario. Because single email address can have multiple display Names and multiple Names. So we may need to add those multiple values to a table and then send email to only single email address instead of sending it as duplicate multiple emails. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,501)