cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

unable to send html as an attachment

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to send an email with HTML attachment. and I am getting bad request error. 

Steps: 

Recurrence : every day

(SharePoint)get file metadata → file path\filename.html

(SharePoint)Get file content → file path\filename.html

send an email → attachment name = DisplayName & Attachment content= get file content

I am not sure if HTML is supported in powerautomate or not to send an email. Moreover HTML file size if 3.5MB. 

Any thoughts on this one? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: unable to send html as an attachment

Hey @kumarg88 

The 'File Content' property is the actual file encoded as a Base64 string... this should not be used as the attachment name, it will be invalid.

The following Flow works... noting I've use the 'Get file metadata' action to obtain the files 'DisplayName' property (the filename).

1.png

However there is a limitation with the Office 365 Outlook connector (v2+) actions. As the V2 and above actions use the graph the max limit for each request is 4MB... which means no a single attachment can exceed 4MB.

I tried with a 4.05MB HTML which failed... I tried again with a 3.6MB attachment and it worked.

To avoid the 4MB limit you can use the (V1) actions... however they are deprecated and you may not be able to see them in Flow ( I can't).

Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (4,121)