cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgrpdl
Helper III
Helper III

update to SharePoint list from excel having different format

Is there a way to export/update/insert attached format excel to sharepoint list through flow.
challenge: Here Code and Percentage keep on changing every month. And table format is diffrent as well.

exce-tabe.JPGsplist.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sgrpdl,

Yes, you could create the percent column in the SharePoint list.Annotation 2019-09-03 160712.png

Then use the List rows present in a table action, then add the update item action of SharePoint connector in Flow.

Flow configuration:

Annotation 2019-09-03 160243.png

Result:

Annotation 2019-09-03 160318.pngAnnotation 2019-09-03 160259.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, Actually I was trying to do something like this. I am able to add percentage, but failed to add code. Any tips???

slist.JPG

Hi @sgrpdl,

The value of "Code" is column name of the table, so if you want to get the string, you can use the data operation to process the output of List present rows in a table.

You could refer to this document to learn about how to deal with the string:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference#s...

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @sgrpdl 

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the filter option when getting items from SharePoint and if that item doesn't exist in the list, create new, otherwise update the existing item.
In your case, if code changes, and you want to create a new item, then key off that field.

In the image below, I am keying off the SP List item value of the field "accitemreq" compared to the "accitemreq" value in Excel.
If I don't find a match in the SharePoint list, I then create a new item.
In order to check for "null", I used the compose expression and check that output. If it is true, meaning I did not find the item in the SharePoint list, then create a new item:

filtergetitem.png

Otherwise, if the Output equals false, meaning I did find the item in the SharePoint list, then I want to update that item.
I check each field to only update what was changed in the excel file.
In the image below, I'm checking if the Application name in excel equals the Application name in SharePoint.
If it doesn't, then update the Application name in SharePoint, otherwise continue to check the rest of the field values and update as needed.

updateitem.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,644)