cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AkshaySolanki
Frequent Visitor

when a list item is modified trigger is looping th flow again and again

Hello,

I am creating a sharepoint list item when MS Form responses are submitted using a straight forward flow.

but I have a task in that, in the list we have a column named 'Status' which has three values : 'requested' as default when entry comes in and 'Completed' and ' Rejected' when a technician changes the value manually. now I need to record these manual changes when Status is changed to 'Completed' or 'Rejected' in the same sharepoint list with two new columns 'Reviewed By' and Reviewed date' with user's name and list modified time in it.

I tried using the flow again with "when a sharepoint list is modified" trigger and adding trigger rule with only triggering when the status is completed or rejected in it. 

@OR(equals(triggerBody()?['Status']?['Value'],'Completed'), equals(triggerBody()?['Status']?['value'],'Rejected')) 

And I am trying to update the sharepoint list again to record those changes in 'Last modified: display name' to 'Reviewed by' and 'Last modified: date' to 'Reviewed date' columns using the if statement in flow but because I am updating the list item again with the Status Completed/Rejected in it,  it is going on an endless loop here because that is the trigger condition of this flow.

AkshaySolanki_0-1634328972677.png

My basic requirement is to record date and name of the person who changed the status field in the same list. Can someone help me here please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @AkshaySolanki 

Check https://youtu.be/oKN4_5o2NUA

Key is to set a flag value along with the updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @AkshaySolanki 

Check https://youtu.be/oKN4_5o2NUA

Key is to set a flag value along with the updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,273)