cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abbyamante
Frequent Visitor

when file is created - create a task in planner with an attachment from the file that was created

Hello Power users!

I have a very little knowledge in using flow and this project that i have requires an expert. So, here's my use case.

There are files created daily in my SP site document folder and these files are assigned to a user to be worked on daily. I also have a SP list containing the names of the user that is assigned to a file (the file that's created daily). I have a flow the create's the task in planner daily using the SP list with the user assigned. Now, i need to create a flow to attached the file to the task that is already created.

I tried to use the "update task details" action and using a file path but the file path is not translating into a clickable link so it will be hard to find the exact file. and i have no idea how exactly i will match the file to the correct task.

Here is my flow creating task daily.

abbyamante_0-1634180378964.png

here is my SP list with user assigned: (the file name will always be the same so i thought it would help if i use the file name as a unique ID so i added it on the SP list. (File name on SP document folder is equal to SP list File name Column)

abbyamante_1-1634180621961.png

As always, i appreciate any help and thank you in Advance!

2 REPLIES 2
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @abbyamante ,

Will all the files be in the same folder or will they be in the subfolders?  Conversely, will the FileName column also also show folders e.g. /foldername/filename.extension?

Also, would storing the files as attachments to the list items be an option?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

Yes there will be a subfolders. see picture below:

abbyamante_0-1634218552019.png

but the file name will not show the folder. only "Filename.xlsx".

if storing the attachments to the list will help to create a task in the planner and include the attachment, yes it is optional.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,160)