cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MP_KMBC

Adding a file of custom addresses

Can someone help me understand how to import a file of postal addresses and then set them as the Street Address entity?

Either importing from a .csv file, or searching a REST endpoint?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @MP_KMBC ,

Thanks for your explanation! 🙂

You can follow my Youtube video (step-by-step): (5) Create a new entity using Power Virtual Agents - YouTube

Or follow the Microsoft documentation: Create and use entities - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Basically, you can create synonymous of your answers (e.g. your option is "UK Street A" and the synonymous is "UK a"), and also, select the three dots (...) at the side of your question and select the option "Skip question" and select the option "ask every time".

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @MP_KMBC ,

Can you explain your scenario, please?

What do you want?

Because entities inside the Power Virtual Agents is a fixed value, you can't import external information (like .csv or REST).

You can import topics: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-create-topics-from-web/?WT.mc_id=BA-M...

Also, you can use Power Automate to get information inside the Dataverse (Common Data Service): I have a video using Power Automate, but you need to change actions to get data from Dataverse and return to PVA. And you need to do a workflow to get the data from your local file or REST and store to the Dataverse. 

(You can use SharePoint instead of Dataverse too)

use  (5) Add actions using Power Automate to a Power Virtual Agents bot - YouTube 

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português
MP_KMBC

Scenario:

My organisation is based in the UK and I've set up a simple user topic that asks where something is located.

I've set "Identify" on the question to "Street Address" but I believe this is pre-loaded with US addresses, so UK addresses aren't being identified, the bot says something along the lines of "I don't understand the response".

I would like to clarify how I would bring UK addresses in and make the searchable, and where would I do that? Through Virtual Agent entities? Through what was the common data service or Share Point as you say? Some other means?

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @MP_KMBC ,

Thanks for your explanation! 🙂

You can follow my Youtube video (step-by-step): (5) Create a new entity using Power Virtual Agents - YouTube

Or follow the Microsoft documentation: Create and use entities - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Basically, you can create synonymous of your answers (e.g. your option is "UK Street A" and the synonymous is "UK a"), and also, select the three dots (...) at the side of your question and select the option "Skip question" and select the option "ask every time".

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

View solution in original post

MP_KMBC

Thanks @renatoromao for your response, I will have a look at both these resources.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Update

Welcome to the User Group Private Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (47,000)