cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicholasPlant Advocate I
Advocate I

$$$ Barrier to adoption - How to ensure NOT transitioned from trial to min 2K sessions $1100 service

@chass As Microsoft seems intent on shooting itself in the foot by creating a barrier to adoption with a minimum 2K sessions and corresponding $1,100 cost I need to check that I am not going to find myself transitioned to the paid for service (which is a great shame as with a substantially lower barrier to adoption I would for sure have transitioned to the paid for service - and may well in time have hit the 2K mark albeit not for a few months, and not without building customer confidence / acceptance).  Can a Microsoft Employee please confirm that there will be no automatic transition (i.e.  I am not going to get a $1,100 bill) and explain what will happen to the existing PVA bots that have been created under the trial ? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: $$$ Barrier to adoption - How to ensure NOT transitioned from trial to min 2K sessions $1100 service

Hi Nicholas, 

I am a PM at Microsoft working on our licensing. Thanks for sharing your feedback. 

The high level of entry is top of mind for us and we are working on a solution. Please stay tuned.

Regarding your second question, you won't be automatically billed after your trial expired. 

If you started your trial from the marketing page, you will be able to use the product for 60 days and then extend the trial in increments of 30 days. 

Michael

NicholasPlant Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: $$$ Barrier to adoption - How to ensure NOT transitioned from trial to min 2K sessions $1100 service

Thanks Michael. The prompt response is appreciated.  May I suggest that top priority is given to having an attach license for those using Dynamics 365 Omni Channel Engagement Hub to attach a PVA capability in units of approx. 100 Sessions. That will allow a smooth start to the use of PVA for those that are mainly using the Omni Channel but can start to use the PVA to provide peak hours capacity elasticity. 

Omnichannel licensing integration is definitely on our roadmap too. However, if we offer a smaller SKU for you to use even outside of Omnichannel, shouldn't that solve the problem you describe as well?

NicholasPlant Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Michael, Yes - absolutely. An SKU with a substantially lower session count $$$ barrier to entry would solve the problem. I was suggesting the Omni Channel attach license simply as one  scenario which should definitely accommodate a lower session count in case there was push back from inside MS against a broader lower session count SKU. However, if there is a broader lower session count SKU on the near horizon for PVA that would be a very welcome development indeed and kudos to Microsoft for listening. 

Thanks for the confirmation. We're still evaluating a number of alternatives, but as I said, this is top of mind for us and we are working to make sure that even smaller customers can buy PVA.

JasperMC
Regular Visitor

Hello Michael,

What will happen to the PVA Bot(s) and its topics after the trial expires though. Will we be able to export it before the trial expires? Will we be able to continue using it after we buy a license?

Thanks,

Jasper

Hi Jasper, you will be able to extend the trial multiple times. That will allow enough time for the export and import feature (already on our roadmap) to be made available. 

If you purchase a license today, you will be able to continue using the same bot as long as the paid license is valid. 

Hope this helps, 

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
PVA Use the Community!

Are you new to the Power Virtual Agents Community?

Check out Using the Community to learn more!

PVA Thumb

Video of the Week

Travel Approval Bot

PVA Thumb

Video of the Week

Returning an image as a message

Users online (7,902)