cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aquader

Bot doesn't display a typing indicator animation

Hi all,

Done substantial digging around different support resources and can't find an answer on this

Both in the PVA test portal and in WebChat deployments my very basic PVA-QnA bot won't show that the bot is typing when the user is waiting for it to reply. There's a sizeable delay before it does return a message, but during that delay, no typing indicator appears.

I tried customizing webchat.js StyleOptions such as typingAnimationBackgroundImage and typingAnimationDuration to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

you can vote here: Bot show typing message to user wait for the respo... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

@aquader 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @aquader ,

Unfortunately, its not available yet.

I already created an idea here: Ideas (aka.ms)

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

you can vote here: Bot show typing message to user wait for the respo... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

@aquader 

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

View solution in original post

aquader

@renatoromao  Thanks for the quick response, appreciate it. Glad to know I wasn't missing something.

Another question - is there a way to adjust the response delay? It seems artificially long (3-4 seconds), which I am assuming is not just due to the low-tier Azure resources behind it.

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

@aquader  no problem! 🙂

Normally the time of results and the delay is related to the Azure location/region. If your environment is in another country, you can get more delay to receive messages from the bot.

I recommend you to use your environment near to your organization.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Update

Welcome to the User Group Private Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (17,002)