cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCBates88

Can I change the auto generated beginning of the virtual chat?

My company has switched to doing work in Teams so I created a chatbot to help with requests. However, I don't see the ability to change the auto-generated beginning message when they open the chatbot. Below is what it is showing and none of that applies really. I would like to change it to simply tell them what to type to get started with their request. Any ideas? This may be a restriction with our version but not sure...

MCBates88_0-1625695798093.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @MCBates88,

That text is coming from conversation path of the out of the box system topic Greeting. You can change the text in the message actions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/authoring-create-edit-topics

1. Go to the Greeting Topic, click Go to authoring canvas

greetingtopic.png

2. Scroll to the three message actions and adjust the text to whatever you want it to be. 

changetext.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @MCBates88,

That text is coming from conversation path of the out of the box system topic Greeting. You can change the text in the message actions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/authoring-create-edit-topics

1. Go to the Greeting Topic, click Go to authoring canvas

greetingtopic.png

2. Scroll to the three message actions and adjust the text to whatever you want it to be. 

changetext.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Thank you! I knew it had to be somewhere but didn't even think about the other topics already there. 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Virtual Agents community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,748)