Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexa2022
Helper I
Helper I

Can you @ mention a Chatbot in a 1:1 conversation

Hi Everyone, 

I hope that you are all enjoying the May Bank Holiday if you can😀. I have just newly published at work my first Chatbot using PVA and am getting good feedback - thanks @Pstork1 especially for your help. 

Im thinking of ideas for my next work PVA and am wondering if it’s possible to add a Chatbot to a 1:1 chat? I know if I add it to a channel and mention it by typing @ my Chatbot then it appears and responds but not if I’m just having a 1:1 chat with a colleague - there is no @ mention of my Chatbot even if I’ve downloaded it as an app. 

If not then I’m also wondering about creating an app using power apps or development portal and maybe adding a bot to that to help but I’m not sure if that’s for a different community forum. 

Thanks for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Alexa2022,

Interesting question first of all. When you have a conversation with a bot it would also be 1:1 chat. So, would adding a bot to an existing 1:1 chat turn that conversation into a group chat, since we are talking about three identities?

If so, that type of scope is not supported currently:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/publication-add-bot-to-microsoft-teams#known-l...

Currently, only the Personal and Team scopes are supported for Microsoft Teams. Group chat is not supported.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Alexa2022,

Interesting question first of all. When you have a conversation with a bot it would also be 1:1 chat. So, would adding a bot to an existing 1:1 chat turn that conversation into a group chat, since we are talking about three identities?

If so, that type of scope is not supported currently:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/publication-add-bot-to-microsoft-teams#known-l...

Currently, only the Personal and Team scopes are supported for Microsoft Teams. Group chat is not supported.

Alexa2022
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @Expiscornovus  - I did wonder. I was hoping there was a way that users could easily call upon the bot other than going into it as an app -but we are maybe not at that stage yet 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,198)