cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdee111
Advocate II
Advocate II

Channels greyed out when changing authentication from Teams only to Manual

Hi, I want to open up other channels, so have set up Manual authentication - assuming this would allow the other channels to be used.

But.. they're all still greyed out, and I was wondering in anyone may have any ideas as to why?

Could it have anything to do with this bot starting life as a PVA for Teams bot, and being upgraded?

Cheers

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Having originally created the bot under PVA for Teams should not cause the channels to be disabled.
There is one other setting that can cause the channels to be disabled.

Verify that:

• Authentication is not set to "Only for Teams"
  • "Require secured access" under Web channel security is disabled (or the channels have been configured to use a secret or token)

If the above two settings do not enable the channels, try publishing the bot.

If the settings changes and publishing did not enable the channels, we will need some additional information to allow the dev team to further investigate the issue.

View solution in original post

Thanks @mboninco - I had changed the security to Manual from Teams only, but I hadn't changed that other setting... will give it go, thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

In PVA for Teams, the channels other than Teams are disabled. If you are accessing the PVA app from within Teams, you need to switch to the full web version Power Virtual Agents.

Hi, I am using full PVA. 

Originally it was PVA for teams, but the bot and environment were upgraded.

Now, when switching the authentication from Teams only to Manual, everything remains greyed out - and I'm wondering if this could maybe have something to do with the environment originally being one for PVA for Teams.

Having originally created the bot under PVA for Teams should not cause the channels to be disabled.
There is one other setting that can cause the channels to be disabled.

Verify that:

• Authentication is not set to "Only for Teams"
  • "Require secured access" under Web channel security is disabled (or the channels have been configured to use a secret or token)

If the above two settings do not enable the channels, try publishing the bot.

If the settings changes and publishing did not enable the channels, we will need some additional information to allow the dev team to further investigate the issue.

Thanks @mboninco - I had changed the security to Manual from Teams only, but I hadn't changed that other setting... will give it go, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Virtual Agents community.

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,657)