cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear or reset variables in Teams

Hi,

I've created a small bot to lookup the status of a project in the common data service. So, the bot asks the project ID from the user which is stored as a variable for the action call. This works fine for the first run but if the user wants to check another project, the bot remembers the variable (project ID) from the first question. The user doesn't get the question anymore to give the Project ID. Is there a way to clear the variables or the clear the chat at the end? 

bot_issue.PNG

Many thanks for the help,

Noël

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
micchow
PVA
PVA

Hey Noel,

Try selecting the ellipse on the question node where the bot asks the question and change the node to never skip the question.  This way the bot will always ask the user to provide the ID.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Todas, the only way the web have is to user send “start over” and the chatbot reset the chat automatically.

Or, you can redirect to your topic on the final of conversations or end the conversation with a survey.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português
micchow
PVA
PVA

Hey Noel,

Try selecting the ellipse on the question node where the bot asks the question and change the node to never skip the question.  This way the bot will always ask the user to provide the ID.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Great! works with this solution. Many thanks for your help!

Note: As my data field was a text input field (user entire response), I could not choose "skip this question" from the options menu. It only contained "Delete". So, I changed it first to a dropdown field, changed the setting and then switched it back to the "user entire response" identifier. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @renatoromao ! This worked as well.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

March Update

Welcome to the User Group Private Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (72,935)