cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Victor133
Regular Visitor

Confusion on Microsoft 365 and PVA

Hi all,

I am currently experimenting on PVA and I have some questions.

I am currently on Microsoft Business 365 and I am planning to use the PVA within Microsoft Teams only.

1. Do I need to get any licensing if my bot is just within Teams and interacting with people within my organization ?
  2. In what event do I need to get the tenant license or user author license?
  3. How many people can interact with the bot at the same time ?
  4. Do I need to get anything if , for example, For Human Resources to do a survey using the BOT for everyone in the organization or having the bot there to answer basic questions ?

I am quite slow on this and new so anyone to help me would be nice. Thank you in advance ! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Victor133 ,

Welcome aboard! 😃

1. Do I need to get any licensing if my bot is just within Teams and interacting with people within my organization ? No, you just can use inside the Teams and share with your colleagues your chatbot. If you want to share with your organization, you just send to administrator to get this approval.
  2. In what event do I need to get the tenant license or user author license? Never, just use it inside Teams. If you are using PVA for the Web, you need to buy a license after the final of trial license.
  3. How many people can interact with the bot at the same time ? We don’t have limits yet, you can see more here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/teams/requirements-licensing-teams
  4. Do I need to get anything if , for example, For Human Resources to do a survey using the BOT for everyone in the organization or having the bot there to answer basic questions ? You can do it normally, it’s very cool to use and get survey responses. You can integrate the questions with the Power Automate to store all information after replied by user.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @Victor133 ,

Welcome aboard! 😃

1. Do I need to get any licensing if my bot is just within Teams and interacting with people within my organization ? No, you just can use inside the Teams and share with your colleagues your chatbot. If you want to share with your organization, you just send to administrator to get this approval.
  2. In what event do I need to get the tenant license or user author license? Never, just use it inside Teams. If you are using PVA for the Web, you need to buy a license after the final of trial license.
  3. How many people can interact with the bot at the same time ? We don’t have limits yet, you can see more here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/teams/requirements-licensing-teams
  4. Do I need to get anything if , for example, For Human Resources to do a survey using the BOT for everyone in the organization or having the bot there to answer basic questions ? You can do it normally, it’s very cool to use and get survey responses. You can integrate the questions with the Power Automate to store all information after replied by user.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

View solution in original post

@renatoromao 

Thank you for the reply !

Hopefully you will see me more often. It is very interesting to explore the PVA and I will be testing tons and tons more !

Stay safe and take you for your help !!! :DDD

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Yes, it’s a great tool!!

Thank you, have a great week 😉

@Victor133 

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Update

Welcome to the User Group Private Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,077)