cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

Create bots in customer's environment

How can we create PVA bots in a customer's environment (Teams)? Key resources and best practices on provisioning would be great. Any help will be highly appreciated, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @rshee 

In my opinion, it would matter on the use case the bot will have. For example:

if the bot is doing basic Q&A, you can build in any teams environment since the bot can be deployed to the whole organization through the teams App Store.

if your bot will be utilizing Power Automate with  data specific to a single team, than you will have to build in that team.

What I have done so far is have a Development Team channel. Where I do all my development on a bot and deploy to the organization. I have not had any issues this far.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @rshee 

In my opinion, it would matter on the use case the bot will have. For example:

if the bot is doing basic Q&A, you can build in any teams environment since the bot can be deployed to the whole organization through the teams App Store.

if your bot will be utilizing Power Automate with  data specific to a single team, than you will have to build in that team.

What I have done so far is have a Development Team channel. Where I do all my development on a bot and deploy to the organization. I have not had any issues this far.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Jcook , thank you so much!! That's really helpful and yes Automate is also used here. So if we've got the core solution as a repeatable IP, then all that would need to be done is customizing it in the development channel to deploy to the entire team and organization. Any other sort of specifics or licensing details I need to look into?

Super User III
Super User III

@rshee 

The main difference is that when building in teams with teams license. Your bot / flows are limited to non premium features. For example:

Premium connectors, and publishing your bot else where other than teams.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/fundamentals-what-is-power-virtual-agents

Proud to be a Flownaut!

FlowAltDelete

Thank you so much @Jcook, really appreciate your help and quick response! 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Virtual Agents Community Super Users!

Congratulations to our Season 1 2021 Super User Crew!

PVA Commnity Blog

NEW Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

View articles posted by fellow community members on the Power Virtual Agents Community Blog!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Users online (91,294)