cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jase
Frequent Visitor

Creating bots for multiple customers

Hello.

We have recently started exploring and evaluating Power Virtual Agents, as we are planning to provide a chat bot as part of our IT support service for each of our individual customers. I am wondering if someone could let me know if the below strategy / idea is on the right track or if it is incorrect.

We want to develop and test each chat bot within our own Azure tenant. Within that same tenant we will keep a 'ready for release' version of each bot. Then we plan to export each 'release version' and import it into the chat bot within the relevant customer's Azure tenant.

We'll be making use of Power Automate Flows for certain, and probably Dataverse as well.

So does this make sense:

Our Tenant

• One environment for development.
  • Separate environment for testing. This will contain multiple bots (one per customer).
  • Separate environment for release versions. This will contain multiple bots (one per customer).

Customer's Tenant

• We will export from our development tenant and import it into the relevant chat bot in the customer's tenant.

As a general strategy, does the above make sense or am I daft and there is a different way to do it.

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SupportBryn
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hey there @jase,

Your strategy seems solid! I would recommend making sure that you're building your bots as part of Solutions, so that all of their related parts like cloud flows for the bots move with the bots. This will avoid any issues of compatibility or missing features. Then, the customer can just import the solution into their Power Platform tenant, as you described.

Thank you for using Microsoft Power Platform Communities!
Bryn Baker
Support Engineer
Microsoft Power Platform
If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly! Have a great day!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SupportBryn
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hey there @jase,

Your strategy seems solid! I would recommend making sure that you're building your bots as part of Solutions, so that all of their related parts like cloud flows for the bots move with the bots. This will avoid any issues of compatibility or missing features. Then, the customer can just import the solution into their Power Platform tenant, as you described.

Thank you for using Microsoft Power Platform Communities!
Bryn Baker
Support Engineer
Microsoft Power Platform
If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly! Have a great day!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,947)