cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DylanS
Frequent Visitor

Delete unused global bot variables?

In the process of developing a bot, I will create bot variables through calling actions. Sometimes the topics that call these variables get deleted, but the bot variables that were created in the topics persist. My list of bot variables is becoming cluttered with dead bot variable names that I cannot alter or delete.

Is there a way to delete unused bot variables whose source topics no longer exist?

2 REPLIES 2
Kylesmith

Hi @DylanS Had similar issue with redundant bot variables, With a stand along PVA in a Dataverse environment.

These variables can be removed/ deleted at a solution level layer

1. Accessing the make.powerapp.com, selecting the appropriate environment.
  2. Creating a new solution.
  3. Adding existing chatbot. This bring in all the chatbot sub components.
  4. Within this list of sub components you can filter type to contain "Bot Variables" this will show all variables including the redundant variables.
  5. These can either be removed or deleted. **I would triple check and check again before deleting from environment. 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BJ94
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @DylanS 

You can check following link to solve your problem.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-to-Delete-Unused-variables-when-its-not-...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Bharti

Community Support Team _ Bharti
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Virtual Agents community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,579)