cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmelieS
Regular Visitor

Desable the message box

Hi,

I've created a bot and we'd like to use it simply for begin. I would like to desable the message box, to only push content : user could only answer questions of our sections. Yes, I know, it's not a conversation bot anymore 🙂

Do you know if this is possible ?

Thank you,

Amélie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @AmelieS ,

Sorry for my delay...

You can use the System fallback to redirect to your main topic that has all the questions, but you cannot disable the message box within the Microsoft Teams. 

You can raise your idea here: https://aka.ms/pva/community/ideas

But I don't think that will be implemented because it is difficult for companies to have a bot that is not possible to block messages from the user.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @AmelieS ,

If you are using the PVA for Web in a custom canvas (custom website, WordPress, Power Apps Portals, etc) you can disable using the CSS and JavaScript codes.

But if you developed a PVA for Teams, you cannot do it.

You have two options (within the PVA for Teams):

1- Leave your bot with questions using fixed options (Entities: Create and use entities in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs ) and not using open questions that the user needs to send different messages. Also, you will need to configure the System fallback: Use a system fallback topic in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

2- Stop using PVA bots and go to the Power Automate actions within the Microsoft Teams, Outlook or something like that. You can do it using Adaptive Cards: Create flows that post adaptive cards to Microsoft Teams - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

The second one is better in your scenario.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

AmelieS
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your answer!

We'd like to use the bot in our Web site : user will only be able to choose from our options, without ever being able to ask us questions. So we turn off every trigger sentences, and redirect in the same section.

But if I do not desable the message box, the bot always finaly ask to re-formulate the question, and again, and again, and again... 

In our case, I don't think option 2 possible...  

Maybe could I use entities wich collect every possibility ? 😇

NB : Sorry, if my english is'nt well enough 🙂

Thanks for your help,

Amélie

AmelieS
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Another option is to replace the basic answer 'Sorry I didn't understand, I couldn't find the topic' which ask the user to write something. Can we replace this 'Sorry, I didn't understand...' by redirecting to a topic ?

AmelieS
Regular Visitor

I finally found a solution to always redirect user to a specific topic, whatever he wrote, using a systel fallback topic :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/teams/authoring-system-fallback-topic-teams 

If I could'nt desable the message box, this is kind of solution 🙂

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @AmelieS ,

Sorry for my delay...

You can use the System fallback to redirect to your main topic that has all the questions, but you cannot disable the message box within the Microsoft Teams. 

You can raise your idea here: https://aka.ms/pva/community/ideas

But I don't think that will be implemented because it is difficult for companies to have a bot that is not possible to block messages from the user.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

View solution in original post

Hi @renatoromao and thanks for your return.

Ok that's clear, and not very surprising 🙂

Tkanks again for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Center-of-Excellence-Starter-Kit-cropped 768x460.png

The Total Economic Impact™ of Power Virtual Agents

Read this 2021 commissioned study, conducted by Forrester Consulting.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,756)