cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DylanS
Frequent Visitor

Detect local IP address of chatbot user

Hello!

I am developing a chat bot that will be deployed internally on a self-service site in my company. It would be extremely useful if the bot could automatically learn the location ID of the user. The self-service site on which the bot will be embedded can already generate a user's location ID through a function which detects the IP address of the user, then cross-references that IP address against an array that matches location IDs to IP addresses, and returns the relevant location ID to a javascript variable.

For example:

- a user logs on to the site from IP address 1.2.3.4

- the site runs a function that detects the IP address and checks an array which finds that IP 1.2.3.4 belongs to location 2222

- the function returns the value 2222 to the variable location_id

Is there a way I can do one of the following?

- Detect the local IP address of the chatbot user, so that I can recreate the function described above in Power Automate

- Pass the value of the location_id variable directly to the chatbot

I first tried using a custom connector in Power Automate that called the IPify API, but of course it only returned the IP address that Power Virtual Agent runs the chatbot from, instead of the users local IP address.

Thank you!

- Dylan

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Virtual Agents community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,341)