cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nk1ng
Helper II
Helper II

Export a bot's topic and import to another bot?

Happy Monday All,

I am wondering how do I export all the topics from a PVA bot and import into a different PVA Bot?  I saw something on powerapps but I don't see any topics from my bot on the portal?

Let me know!

-n

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @nk1ng ,

Today, you can export your bot and import that solution as a new bot within your other environment. But it is not possible to import your bot to an existing bot.

You can raise your idea here: https://aka.ms/pva/community/ideas

Doc: Export and import bots using solutions - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @nk1ng ,

Today, you can export your bot and import that solution as a new bot within your other environment. But it is not possible to import your bot to an existing bot.

You can raise your idea here: https://aka.ms/pva/community/ideas

Doc: Export and import bots using solutions - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

View solution in original post

nk1ng
Helper II
Helper II

What is the point if you can't import to a bot?  Just a backup on the original bot?  Sorry the "solutions" is foggy still trying to understand what is the purpose...

Thanks Renato!

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

@nk1ng ,

When we are developing an App using Power Apps, a flow using Power Automate, or a bot using Power Virtual Agents, the best practice is to develop using a specific environment within a solution. After finish your development, you need to migrate to a test environment. After the approval, you migrate the solution to production (Go Live).

It is part of the ALM process:

Solutions in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Application lifecycle management (ALM) with Microsoft Power Platform - Power Platform | Microsoft Do...

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

nk1ng
Helper II
Helper II

So basically, I am starting over on a bot.  I have 50~ topics and couple Bot Framework Composer's topics on the old one and need to copy and paste everything from the old one to the new bot?  Same environment just need to clone the bot... As for "ALM" thing, I was not using that at all, how to you test in Teams with the powerapps?  So you make two "solutions" for the same bot?  "Testing" and "Go-live" and then what?  What is the correlation between the powerva.microsoft.com (where I currently test and then publish to Teams) and the powerapps.*?  I still don't understand what is the point having the powerapps solutions I guess?    

nk1ng
Helper II
Helper II

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @nk1ng ,

My comments:

PVA for Web (bot developed using the powerva.microsoft.com)

- The best practice is to have 3 environments:

1. DEV

2. TEST

3. PROD

You can develop your bot using the DEV environment. After that, export/import to the TEST environment. After the approval in the TEST env, you export/import to PROD.

- It is not possible to reuse the topics from one bot to another exporting/importing that specific bot in the same environment.

PVA for Teams (developed using the Teams DEsktop or WEb app)

- The best practice is to develop within the final Team that you will use in PROD. Why? Today, we have some limitations to move the bot from one team to another. So, before that improvement, you can develop directly your bot within the final team.

- If you want to move your bot to another team, you can use this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/teams/authoring-export-import-bots-teams 

Move customizations between environments - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Center-of-Excellence-Starter-Kit-cropped 768x460.png

The Total Economic Impact™ of Power Virtual Agents

Read this 2021 commissioned study, conducted by Forrester Consulting.

Users online (3,370)