cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbernier12
Resolver II
Resolver II

Formatting response from Power Automate in virtual agent

Hi does anyone know how to format a response returned to the virtual agent?

In Flow I have JSON output that is parsed and I use the "value" from the parse JSON action in the virtual agent response action, however the format is one long JSON string.

[{“id”:“234sodoz-48ff-4ee9-werwe-1edwerewb8dd”,“Name”:“TestName”,“DateTime”:“2018-11-29T23:34:24Z”,“manufacturer”:“Microsoft Corporation”,“model”:“Virtual Machine”,“serialNumber”:“90294”,“operatingSystem”:“Windows”}]

I'd like the output for the response to be in a readable format and accommodate for multiple records.  Anyone have ideas?  Ideally I'd like a table, however create CSV and HTML actions in Power Automate don't show correctly in the response either.

10 REPLIES 10
cbernier12
Resolver II
Resolver II

Ok, after some testing I figured out how to make a table format.  In the append to string variable stack the values on top of one another, then add a space on top and bottom between each value.  At the very top add some dashes and do the same for the very bottom underneath the last value.  Works really well.

So it will look like this:

----------------------------------------------

name

id

model

etc...

----------------------------------------------------

If you want you can add the title for each row next to the value if needed.

So Name: namevalue and so on.

@renatoromao @Pstork1 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

MS Build PVA Carousel 768x480.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development for Power Virtual Agents.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,099)