cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get ConversationID when starting a chat

Hello team, SOS
I am working on an Omnichannel for Customer Service (D365) implementation. I have a bot developed in PVA that works as a user in D365.

I need from the PVA bot to obtain the conversationid and then with power virtual automate obtain the name of the contact.

I am trying to use the va_conversationId and bot msdyn_liveworkitemid context variables but they work randomly. If I use them in the greeting topic the variable is empty. On the other hand, if I use it after asking some questions, the variable is complete.

Context variables take time to initialize? How can I get the conversation id when starting the chat?

I need it for multiple channels (facebook, live chat, whatsapp).

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

hI @fernarod ,

Unfortunately, you can just get the conversation Id using the Custom Canvas (custom website), using JavaScript you can get all information behind the Html code.

You can suggest your idea here: https://aka.ms/pva/community/ideas

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português
Super User
Super User

You can see the reference here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Publish-Channel-Management/Is-it-possible-to-reconnect-the-user-...

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

Thanks @renatoromao , from what I see the variable msdyn_liveworkitemid is populated with the conversation id after a few seconds, it is not immediate. For that reason I cannot get the id when starting the conversation.

Super User
Super User

Hi @fernarod ,

Yes, today the updates occur after 6 hours.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

@renatoromao 6 hours? What updates are you talking about?

Super User
Super User

@fernarod 

When you talk with the chatbot, the conversation transcript will be stored in a ConversationTranscript entity in 6 hours.

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Virtual Agents Community Super Users!

Congratulations to our Season 1 2021 Super User Crew!

PVA Commnity Blog

NEW Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

View articles posted by fellow community members on the Power Virtual Agents Community Blog!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Users online (47,091)