cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kog8790
Advocate II
Advocate II

Get PVA chatbot to clear variable value in cache

I have a topic in my bot that lets approved users verify images for our upcoming equipment catalog. I have a flow that grabs image URLs from a list and returns them to the user with multiple choice option to choose from. The issue that I'm running into is that the bot returns the same item multiple times before finally moving on to a new item. The multiple choice question is receiving input from a power automate flow for images and part ID information. The flow's output is changing every time but the question content is not. I'm thinking that the bot is storing the variables values in cache and that is why it is displaying the item multiple times before finally updating to a new item. Is there a way to get the bot to refresh the variables values in the question every time it's asked?

P.S I've already tried changing the question settings to "ask every time", toggled the variable settings i.e receives values, sets values, global variable, etc..., and I've tried copying the topic and having them switch back and forth between the two topics, but with no change in the outcome.

debug1.PNGdebug2.PNGdebug3.PNGdebug4.PNGdebug5.PNGdebug6.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
HenryJammes
Microsoft
Microsoft

The "Start Over" topic clears existing variables, so if it makes sense, perhaps redirect to that topic?

Yes, I wish that were an option in this case. However, I need their index to continue incrementing with each answer (Index is global variable) and if I trigger start over it also resets their index. I wish there were another way. I've tried to hack together so many ways to do this but I'm literally beating my head against my laptop at this point

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Virtual Agents community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,225)