cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keshav07

Getting Error :Error code: 3002 after publishing the bot

Hello,

I am developing a power automate flow that triggers from a power virtual agent. In the PA flow, I am trying to send adaptive cards to the users who invoke the bot and wait for their response. This flow is working well in the test mode of PVA, but once I publish the bot I am getting: Sorry, the bot can't talk for a while. It's something the bot's owner needs to address—error code: 3002.
image.png
Below error was thrown in the PA:
The execution of template action 'Return_value(s)_to_Power_Virtual_Agents' is failed: the client application timed out waiting for a response from service. This means that workflow took longer to respond than the alloted timeout value. The connection maintained between the client application and service will be closed and client application will get an HTTP status code 504 Gateway Timeout.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Was the card sent successfully to the user? When a flow is called from a PVA bot there is a 2 minute timeout when the flow does not complete in time. I speculate the card was sent but no button was clicked within 2 minutes that caused the flow time out. 

In addition, if your scenario is to send an adaptive card to user during mid-conversation, it is recommended to use Bot Framework Composer for it and not use PVA bot to call a flow to send an adaptive card. This is because Power Automate has throttling that would impact end user experience if many users are chatting with the bot at the same time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Was the card sent successfully to the user? When a flow is called from a PVA bot there is a 2 minute timeout when the flow does not complete in time. I speculate the card was sent but no button was clicked within 2 minutes that caused the flow time out. 

In addition, if your scenario is to send an adaptive card to user during mid-conversation, it is recommended to use Bot Framework Composer for it and not use PVA bot to call a flow to send an adaptive card. This is because Power Automate has throttling that would impact end user experience if many users are chatting with the bot at the same time.

Hello, Thank you for the help. Yes, the bot is able to send the card to the user. Even after the user responds the flow will still be stuck waiting for a response for 2 mins and then it gets a time-out error.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,097)