cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
furqanmajeed
Frequent Visitor

How to add a question in Chat

I want to add a series of question form in chatbot. like first name , last name, email, country with drop down etc. Example shown below in screenshot. Please suggest any possible solutions.

furqanmajeed_0-1661364775756.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

What you want is to send an Adaptive Card to the user and then get back the values.  Here's an article on how to do that, but you'll need to use the bot framework to accomplish the task.  Use Bot Framework Composer adaptive cards in chatbots - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

What you want is to send an Adaptive Card to the user and then get back the values.  Here's an article on how to do that, but you'll need to use the bot framework to accomplish the task.  Use Bot Framework Composer adaptive cards in chatbots - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Thank you so much, it worked smoothly. I also have one more question. How can you use the info submitted in the form? Like I need to identify a contact by the email entered in the form shown above. 

Thanks

You can save any and all of the content in the adaptive card as variables.  Those should be passed back to the bot.

is there any article for that? 

Its in the article I already posted.  But here's another on how to use the Bot Framework bot as a skill in PVA and pass values between them. Use a Power Virtual Agents bot as a skill in Bot Framework bots - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft D...

I am using an adaptive card to display a form in chat. I want to use that user response to do some thing in PVA bot. How can I pass the form variable from bot framework to PVA bot. 

furqanmajeed_0-1661791380581.png

furqanmajeed_1-1661791388782.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,692)