cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Engsoso2089

How to make the Chatbot send email

Hello Everyone,

I am using Power virtual agent for the first time and I created IT Chatbot, Now I need the chatbot to ask the user for an email address , and then the Chatbot will send an email to that email address provided by the user. 

Can you please show me the steps to do that , and if you have any document or video that can help ? 

Thank you all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Engsoso2089,

Below is an example.

First create the Power Automate flow.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-flow

1. Add a Power Virtual Agents trigger action. Add a text input, call that EmailAddress.

2. Add a Send an email (V2) action. Use the EmailAddress field in the To field of the action.

3. Add a Return value(s) to Power Virtual Agents action. Add a Result text output. Set a message which you can use to confirm to the user the e-mail has been sent.

sendanemail.png

Power Virtual Agent setup.

1. Create a new topic in a bot. Call it Email. Add a trigger phrase like E-mail me. Save your topic and go to the authoring canvas.

2. Add a Question like 'What is your preferred e-mail to use?'. Use the user's entire response. Save that response in a variable like VarEmail.

3. Add a Call Action. Connect it to the flow we created earlier. Make sure you map the VarEmail to the EmailAddress input variable from the flow.

4. Add a Show message. Use the output result variable to show the confirm message to the user.

newemailtopic.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Engsoso2089,

Below is an example.

First create the Power Automate flow.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-flow

1. Add a Power Virtual Agents trigger action. Add a text input, call that EmailAddress.

2. Add a Send an email (V2) action. Use the EmailAddress field in the To field of the action.

3. Add a Return value(s) to Power Virtual Agents action. Add a Result text output. Set a message which you can use to confirm to the user the e-mail has been sent.

sendanemail.png

Power Virtual Agent setup.

1. Create a new topic in a bot. Call it Email. Add a trigger phrase like E-mail me. Save your topic and go to the authoring canvas.

2. Add a Question like 'What is your preferred e-mail to use?'. Use the user's entire response. Save that response in a variable like VarEmail.

3. Add a Call Action. Connect it to the flow we created earlier. Make sure you map the VarEmail to the EmailAddress input variable from the flow.

4. Add a Show message. Use the output result variable to show the confirm message to the user.

newemailtopic.png

Thanks a lot ! it worked like a charm

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,653)