cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fernandosilva
Helper V
Helper V

How to make the links from my chat bot open in the same window instead of a new tab?

Hi there,

At the moment the links posted on a topic are opening in a new window.

This behavior means that if the user opens the link it loses the chat window in the new tab.

How can I place a link for a page on my website and when the user opens it doesn't open a new tab?

Cheers,

Fernando

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @fernandosilva,

As far as I am aware the links always open externally.

However, the use case is pretty interesting. Might be a good candidate for the Power Virtual Agents Ideas section.

You want to persist the chat window/session when offering the end user links from your website, correct? To clarify, you mean a conversation like below?

End User: response to question in topic in chat window on home on website (for example 'Where can I find your FAQ' )

Bot: FAQ can be found over here (with link on website)

End User: Clicks on link and within the same browser window the FAQ is opened and a chat window is opened with the same chat session and the user can continue their conversation?

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Yep, that's correct.

Gonna post on the ideas page then.

Cheers,

Fernando

fernandosilva
Helper V
Helper V

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Virtual Agents community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,033)