cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

If condition for amount of numbers

Hello. Wondering if anybody can help with this. I have created a BOT, but I am struggling with an IF condition. I have created the bot on the non coding side. I basically want the BOT to give two different responses to what a user inputs. The user will be asked to confirm a number. If this number is 5 characters or above, the user will be advised one thing and if the user inputs a number using 4 characters or below, they will be advised another scenario by the BOT. Just cant seem to be able to set a condition for this, only giving me the option to set a word as a condition.

Would appreciate if somebody could provide some feedback on how to do this 😀

29 REPLIES 29
Expiscornovus
Most Valuable Professional

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you share a screenshot of your test conversation/chat with your current PVA bot? This way I can see with which numbers you are testing 😀

I also need to update the flow logic. I now see your requirement is 4 characters or less. So, we probably need to add a lessOrEquals function to our length expression.

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #MicrosoftCopilotStudio content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Expiscornovus

Hi @Anonymous,

I have changed the setup slightly. Can you have a look and try if the setup below works for you?

1. In the compose action I am using a updated expression.

if(lessorequals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 4), 'Organisation A', if(equals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 5), 'Organisation B', '6 characters or more'))

In that expression I am checking if the length is less or equal to 4. If this is true I am outputting Organisation A. When false I am checking if the length equals 5. If that is true I am outputting Organisation B. For a length that is higher than 5 I am outputting the text '6 characters or more'.

lessorequals4.png

2. In the topic I have updated the conditions. Instead of checking for a number we can now check for the name of the Organisation. 

counttopic_v2.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #MicrosoftCopilotStudio content?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dennis.

I have updated it to exactly how you have it apart from making changes to text I want to apply - 

if(lessorequals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 4), 'This appears to be an Emis CDB Org code supported by Emis help. Please contact them directly for more assistance with this one', if(equals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 5), 'This looks like one of our community codes''6 characters or more'))

So, that is basically saying that if they type something in with 5 characteres, it will advise them its a code supported by community. Then, if they type in a 4 character one, it says contact Emis. However, please see below screen shot of it just going to the other condition on the right hand side no matter what I put in (I cant delete this condition either, it doesnt let me!!!):-

Unwanted Condition Being selected.PNG
I feel I am so close to what I want here largely thanks to your help. Just hope this makes sense of what I want, just not sure why that 'All other conditions' one is there and why that one is being selected, even though I am putting in a code with 5 characters in, why should go to the message '
This looks like one of our community codes'

Thanks again for this Dennis as I said, hopefully you can see what I mean and how to prevent it from going to the other condition, even though it should be going to the condition on the left that is equal to 5.

Kieran😀
Expiscornovus

Hi @Anonymous,

You are very close. I see you are still using the numbers in the condition actions. What you are outputting in the expression in the flow needs to match what you are checking in the pva condition action.

Below is a screenshot, hope this makes sense?

theseneedtomatch.png

You can use whatever you want in your expression in flow and the condition in your topic. As long as those values match. See also in my example below.

thesematch_example.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dennis. Thank you for that, I have fixed that and the expression in the condition matches the expression from the flow. However, please see below, I am inputting a 5 digit number and its still going to the unwanted condition on the right hand side, not the one on the left:-

Unwanted Condition Being selected.PNG

Not sure why its doing it, as the expression seems to be correct in terms of what it is to state when a 5 digit number is put in (Should go to the left hand condition stating that it is a supported community code. Sorry if this is becoming a pain and I am still doing something wrong, but not sure how it can be wrong when all what you have suggested is now in place. The expression I have is:-

if(lessorequals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 4), 'This appears to be an Emis CDB Org code support by Emis Web. Please contact them directly.', if(equals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 5), 'This looks like one of our community codes''6 characters or more'))

Again appreciate your support so far with this, its got me much further than I thought I would be at this stage, just hoping its one last little thing now that retifies this! 😀

Expiscornovus

Hi @Anonymous,

I would keep it a bit simpler by replacing 'Go to CharacterCount' by just the text you want to show. I would also just use the numbers instead of the long text in both the flow expression and the condition action. This also makes it a bit more managable.

Can you try the setup below?

Flow expression:

if(lessorequals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 4), '4', if(equals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 5), '5', '6 characters or more'))

flowexpression.png

Topic canvas:

hardcodetext_pva.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Expiscornovus 

Thank you for that, I have ammended that and have changed the expression to what you have said and updated the fields on the canvas. However, it was still going to the other condition on the right even though I met the crietia. So, I removed this condition and now it just gets stuck:-

Result.PNGInput.PNG

I have also inserted the flow chart details to see if I am doing something wrong? I tihnk all what you have said is now in there, just not sure why its still not recognising the condition is being met and giving the correct message response.

Thanks again Dennis, hopefully you spot the error and it can be sorted, appreciate your help I know I have mentioned this a LOT already 🙂

Kieran

Expiscornovus

Hi @Anonymous,

It looks like there is a space character just before the fx button in the compose action. If there is a space character in that compose action, can you remove that?

And I also have some additional questions for troubleshooting.

1. What is the trigger phrase for your topic?

In my example that is CountNumbers. That is the first thing I will type to make sure the bot knows which topic I want to interact with. I can't see that in your test screenshots. Are you typing the trigger phrase first before you enter the number?

countnumbers_triggerprhase.png

2. Can you add another compose action and add the inputnumber field to it?

Via peek code we can check if the internal name of your field is the same as in the expression we are using. Potentially it could be different and that can be a root cause for your wrong CharacterCount output.

secondcompose.pngpeekcode_text.pngpeekcode_textfield.png

3. Can you peek code the current compose action?

Like mentioned earlier in this post. It looks like there is a space character just before the expression.

othercompose_peekcode.png

4. Can you have a look at the history of the flows?

In the history it is also easy to spot what the system is trying to process.

flowhistory_check.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dennis.

So sorry, I have rectified that now and added in the new compose. My trigger phrase is going to be numbers that we support, as it will be users asking questions in relation to that. See below:-

Snap1.PNG

So, above has 5 codes for now for testing purposes and this error is happening even though I am putting one of the 5 digit codes in, which is where it then asks me. I am going to have all codes there for community and for the 4 digit ones supported by Emis Web (if this makes sense?) so as long as thats being met, it will ask if the user is wanting to discuss an Emis CDB ORG code.

Below, is the new look of the compose with the additional one you have mentioned:-

snap2.PNGSnap1.PNG

The screen shots are the opposite way around there sorry, but hope it shows the full flow chat, as well as my expression which you provided. Do you think in theory this should now work if I am especially putting in trigger phrases (but it should work regardless with the 5 or 4 characters being entered with the Character Count being met). Sorry if I have waffled on there, hope I make sense.

Thanks Dennis, look forward to hearing back 😀

Kieran

Expiscornovus

Hi @Anonymous,

If the trigger phrase is the same as the actually code this might confuse the bot. When you retype the code in response to 'Can you please reconfirm the Org code' question the bot might start over again and will ask the first question again. 

Typically a trigger phrase is something a user enters in the chat window to start a conversation with the bot. I would use something random like 'I need help with Emis CDB' or even just one word like 'Emis'.

Happy to help out! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements

Exclusive LIVE Community Event: Power Apps Copilot Coffee Chat with Copilot Studio Product Team

It's time for the SECOND Power Apps Copilot Coffee Chat featuring the Copilot Studio product team, which will be held LIVE on April 3, 2024 at 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).     This is an incredible opportunity to connect with members of the Copilot Studio product team and ask them anything about Copilot Studio. We'll share our special guests with you shortly--but we want to encourage to mark your calendars now because you will not want to miss the conversation.   This live event will give you the unique opportunity to learn more about Copilot Studio plans, where we’ll focus, and get insight into upcoming features. We’re looking forward to hearing from the community, so bring your questions!   TO GET ACCESS TO THIS EXCLUSIVE AMA: Kudo this post to reserve your spot! Reserve your spot now by kudoing this post.  Reservations will be prioritized on when your kudo for the post comes through, so don't wait! Click that "kudo button" today.   Invitations will be sent on April 2ndUsers posting Kudos after April 2nd at 9AM PDT may not receive an invitation but will be able to view the session online after conclusion of the event. Give your "kudo" today and mark your calendars for April 3, 2024 at 9:30 AM PDT and join us for an engaging and informative session!

Tuesday Tip: Unlocking Community Achievements and Earning Badges

TUESDAY TIPS are our way of communicating helpful things we've learned or shared that have helped members of the Community. Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned pro, Tuesday Tips will help you know where to go, what to look for, and navigate your way through the ever-growing--and ever-changing--world of the Power Platform Community! We cover basics about the Community, provide a few "insider tips" to make your experience even better, and share best practices gleaned from our most active community members and Super Users.   With so many new Community members joining us each week, we'll also review a few of our "best practices" so you know just "how" the Community works, so make sure to watch the News & Announcements each week for the latest and greatest Tuesday Tips!     THIS WEEK'S TIP: Unlocking Achievements and Earning BadgesAcross the Communities, you'll see badges on users profile that recognize and reward their engagement and contributions. These badges each signify a different achievement--and all of those achievements are available to any Community member! If you're a seasoned pro or just getting started, you too can earn badges for the great work you do. Check out some details on Community badges below--and find out more in the detailed link at the end of the article!       A Diverse Range of Badges to Collect The badges you can earn in the Community cover a wide array of activities, including: Kudos Received: Acknowledges the number of times a user’s post has been appreciated with a “Kudo.”Kudos Given: Highlights the user’s generosity in recognizing others’ contributions.Topics Created: Tracks the number of discussions initiated by a user.Solutions Provided: Celebrates the instances where a user’s response is marked as the correct solution.Reply: Counts the number of times a user has engaged with community discussions.Blog Contributor: Honors those who contribute valuable content and are invited to write for the community blog.       A Community Evolving Together Badges are not only a great way to recognize outstanding contributions of our amazing Community members--they are also a way to continue fostering a collaborative and supportive environment. As you continue to share your knowledge and assist each other these badges serve as a visual representation of your valuable contributions.   Find out more about badges in these Community Support pages in each Community: All About Community Badges - Power Apps CommunityAll About Community Badges - Power Automate CommunityAll About Community Badges - Copilot Studio CommunityAll About Community Badges - Power Pages Community

Tuesday Tips: Powering Up Your Community Profile

TUESDAY TIPS are our way of communicating helpful things we've learned or shared that have helped members of the Community. Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned pro, Tuesday Tips will help you know where to go, what to look for, and navigate your way through the ever-growing--and ever-changing--world of the Power Platform Community! We cover basics about the Community, provide a few "insider tips" to make your experience even better, and share best practices gleaned from our most active community members and Super Users.   With so many new Community members joining us each week, we'll also review a few of our "best practices" so you know just "how" the Community works, so make sure to watch the News & Announcements each week for the latest and greatest Tuesday Tips!   This Week's Tip: Power Up Your Profile!  🚀 It's where every Community member gets their start, and it's essential that you keep it updated! Your Community User Profile is how you're able to get messages, post solutions, ask questions--and as you rank up, it's where your badges will appear and how you'll be known when you start blogging in the Community Blog. Your Community User Profile is how the Community knows you--so it's essential that it works the way you need it to! From changing your username to updating contact information, this Knowledge Base Article is your best resource for powering up your profile.     Password Puzzles? No Problem! Find out how to sync your Azure AD password with your community account, ensuring a seamless sign-in. No separate passwords to remember! Job Jumps & Email Swaps Changed jobs? Got a new email? Fear not! You'll find out how to link your shiny new email to your existing community account, keeping your contributions and connections intact. Username Uncertainties Unraveled Picking the perfect username is crucial--and sometimes the original choice you signed up with doesn't fit as well as you may have thought. There's a quick way to request an update here--but remember, your username is your community identity, so choose wisely. "Need Admin Approval" Warning Window? If you see this error message while using the community, don't worry. A simple process will help you get where you need to go. If you still need assistance, find out how to contact your Community Support team. Whatever you're looking for, when it comes to your profile, the Community Account Support Knowledge Base article is your treasure trove of tips as you navigate the nuances of your Community Profile. It’s the ultimate resource for keeping your digital identity in tip-top shape while engaging with the Power Platform Community. So, dive in and power up your profile today!  💪🚀   Community Account Support | Power Apps Community Account Support | Power AutomateCommunity Account Support | Copilot Studio  Community Account Support | Power Pages

Super User of the Month | Chris Piasecki

In our 2nd installment of this new ongoing feature in the Community, we're thrilled to announce that Chris Piasecki is our Super User of the Month for March 2024. If you've been in the Community for a while, we're sure you've seen a comment or marked one of Chris' helpful tips as a solution--he's been a Super User for SEVEN consecutive seasons!   Since authoring his first reply in April 2020 to his most recent achievement organizing the Canadian Power Platform Summit this month, Chris has helped countless Community members with his insights and expertise. In addition to being a Super User, Chris is also a User Group leader, Microsoft MVP, and a featured speaker at the Microsoft Power Platform Conference. His contributions to the new SUIT program, along with his joyous personality and willingness to jump in and help so many members has made Chris a fixture in the Power Platform Community.   When Chris isn't authoring solutions or organizing events, he's actively leading Piasecki Consulting, specializing in solution architecture, integration, DevOps, and more--helping clients discover how to strategize and implement Microsoft's technology platforms. We are grateful for Chris' insightful help in the Community and look forward to even more amazing milestones as he continues to assist so many with his great tips, solutions--always with a smile and a great sense of humor.You can find Chris in the Community and on LinkedIn. Thanks for being such a SUPER user, Chris! 🌠💪

Find Out What Makes Super Users So Super

We know many of you visit the Power Platform Communities to ask questions and receive answers. But do you know that many of our best answers and solutions come from Community members who are super active, helping anyone who needs a little help getting unstuck with Business Applications products? We call these dedicated Community members Super Users because they are the real heroes in the Community, willing to jump in whenever they can to help! Maybe you've encountered them yourself and they've solved some of your biggest questions. Have you ever wondered, "Why?"We interviewed several of our Super Users to understand what drives them to help in the Community--and discover the difference it has made in their lives as well! Take a look in our gallery today: What Motivates a Super User? - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

March User Group Update: New Groups and Upcoming Events!

Welcome to this month’s celebration of our Community User Groups and exciting User Group events. We’re thrilled to introduce some brand-new user groups that have recently joined our vibrant community. Plus, we’ve got a lineup of engaging events you won’t want to miss. Let’s jump right in: New User Groups   Sacramento Power Platform GroupANZ Power Platform COE User GroupPower Platform MongoliaPower Platform User Group OmanPower Platform User Group Delta StateMid Michigan Power Platform Upcoming Events  DUG4MFG - Quarterly Meetup - Microsoft Demand PlanningDate: 19 Mar 2024 | 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM Central America Standard TimeDescription: Dive into the world of manufacturing with a focus on Demand Planning. Learn from industry experts and share your insights. Dynamics User Group HoustonDate: 07 Mar 2024 | 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM Central America Standard TimeDescription: Houston, get ready for an immersive session on Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform. Connect with fellow professionals and expand your knowledge. Reading Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Group (Q1)Date: 05 Mar 2024 | 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM GMT Standard TimeDescription: Join our virtual meetup for insightful discussions, demos, and community updates. Let’s kick off Q1 with a bang! Leaders, Create Your Events!  Leaders of existing User Groups, don’t forget to create your events within the Community platform. By doing so, you’ll enable us to share them in future posts and newsletters. Let’s spread the word and make these gatherings even more impactful! Stay tuned for more updates, inspiring stories, and collaborative opportunities from and for our Community User Groups.   P.S. Have an event or success story to share? Reach out to us – we’d love to feature you!

Users online (3,870)