cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T0Bii
Regular Visitor

Info on voice capabilities?

Hi,

I was searching for voice capabilities of the virtual agents but so far could only find this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2020wave2/power-virtual-agents/enable-v...

So basically, voice integration is not yet possible.

Does anyone know when this might be added (preview or GA) or a general timeline of when I can expect voice capabilites in power virtual agents?

4 REPLIES 4
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @T0Bii ,

You can see better about the planned features here: New and planned features for Power Virtual Agents, 2020 release wave 2 - Power Platform Release Plan...

This voice interaction is related to Alexa Skills and was planned to Dec 2020, but maybe covid19 affected all plans.

You can wait for some weeks, Microsoft will new announcements to 2021 features and maybe this feature will be replanned (I hope).

Deploy Power Virtual Agents as Alexa Skills - Power Platform Release Plan | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português

Do you know when the 2021 features / roadmap will be announced? Couldn't find anything online.

It's just hard for me to understand why they have no voice capabilities yet. You can already build bots with voice chat in the Bot Framework, the have all the parts and basically every competitor does it as well.

It's the single reason why our customers do not want to go with virtual agents.

Quite unfortunate.

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

@T0Bii ,

Yes, I get it!

I hope that we have this feature as soon as possible too.

So, normally Microsoft make some announcements between January and February, If I know something about voice capabilities, I'll let you know.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português

You probably have already seen this, but for anyone who happens to land on this post, here is the 2021 wave 1 release plan. Sadly, nothing clear about adding voice chat. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2021wave1/power-virtual-agents/planned-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,703)